|Get jobs on your |
Head of Production Course/Lecturer/Content Developer
|Remuneration:||negotiable Negotiable depending on experience|
Afda (The School of the Creative Economy) is the leading school of its kind in South Africa, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in motion picture medium, live performance, business innovation and technology.
Afda is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools.
Applications are invited for the position of:
Head of production course, lecturer, and content developer.
As the head of production course for first to third-year in the BA degree, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated academic professional to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate and teach students in a variety of academic areas. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching and socialised learning at Afda. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable local film industry.
Administration of production course assessments:
- Ensure appropriate assessors for pre-production and final review
- Allocation of production course questions to students
- Ensure appropriate lecturers for production course (in liaison with learning dept.)
- Administer production course marks
- Lecturing production course
- Teaching academic development
- Consultations with students on issues related to production course and academic development
- Developing production course material
- Developing academic development material
- Support lecturers in lesson development
- Acting as an assessor at pre-production and final review
- Marking production course assignments
- Moderation as required
- Quality control for production course
- Be prepared to contribute to team projects as required
- A relevant postgraduate degree (master's preferable)
- Teaching, writing, and administrative skills
- Excellent time and deadline management skills
- Commitment to the Afda values: passion, integrity, self-discipline, humility, and reliability
- A CV (no certificates)
- Motivational letter
- Email and telephone contact details
- Two references
This lecturing position becomes available from 7 January 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Campus location: 2a Highdale Road, Glen Anil. Durban
Work hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm
Posted on 14 Dec 09:58