|Get jobs on your |
Sports News Editor
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionLowveld Media, a dynamic, award-winning media house in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga is looking for an enthusiastic, passionate full-time sports editor.
Lowveld Media readers are captivated by sports coverage. The primary task of the sports editor will be to ensure that Lowveld Media coverage is central to the sports conversation and interest shared over as many sports disciplines as possible.
The sports editor will source and gather accurate information and cover a variety of exciting and relevant articles related to a community newspaper in both English and Afrikaans.
- A recognised journalism degree or diploma
- Experience in a community newspaper and newsroom environment
- Sports writing skills
- Passion and knowledge of different sports disciplines
- Ability to write well-constructed and accurate articles, which reflect both sides of a story
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to anticipate problems and formulate solutions
- Must have good interviewing skills and an excellent command in English and Afrikaans
- Photographic skills
- Must be computer literate with multimedia and online media skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Have valid drivers' license and own vehicle.
- Accountable and responsible
- Detail-orientated and focused
- Deadline driven
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Passionate and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
Posted on 06 Dec 10:45