Head of Data
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company |
|Benefits:||Medical Aid and Provident Fund|
|Reference:||#Head of Data|
Job descriptionThe head of data is responsible for developing and governing the agency’s data and information strategy in order to drive business decisions and growth. This person will develop data procedures and policies, and work closely with various departments to collect, prepare, organize, protect and analyse data assets while ensuring that the company meets industry best practices. Other duties will include leading interdisciplinary teams, improving and streamlining data systems within the company, and driving innovation.
Strategy: The head of data plays a leading strategic role where the person will lead the data governance across Ab-Inbev Africa. The head of data also endeavours to create new data-driven approaches for the purpose of generating business insights through data analytics, information visualization, and addressing unanswered business issues in a proactive manner.
- Thorough understanding of the business and data strategy.
- Designing and implementing data strategies and systems.
- Lead, motivate and manage large technical teams.
- Overseeing the collection, storage, management, quality and protection of data.
- Implementing data privacy policies and complying with data protection regulations.
- Determine where to cut costs and increase revenue based on insights derived from data.
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to executive members and staff.
- Knowledge of relevant applications, big data solutions, and tools.
Analytics: The head of data will play an analytical role where the person will develop and apply analytical frameworks and methods where possible with a view of driving and streamlining reports. In this capacity, the Head of Data strives to improve the quality of analytics solutions on a consistent basis. The person will lead their team in the creation of high-quality analyses for all functions of the business and in the definition of metrics that track the business’s performance at different fronts. It is also the duty of the head of data to validate, interpret, and create reports and presentations for senior management, departmental heads/management, and relevant stakeholders.
Collaboration: The role of the data is a highly collaborative role and, as such, this person facilitates joint brainstorming and team collaboration. The head of data works closely with senior data analytics management in establishing departmental goals and strategies. The person additionally works with junior data analytics to define the data collection needs for each brand for the purpose of future work and also for guaranteeing that there is high data-quality and reliability across the business. The Head of Data further collaborates with numerous departments across the business, aiding them in the proper use of data, hence, ensuring the delivery of desired operational results.
Other duties: The head of data also performs similar duties as the person deems fit for the proper execution of their duties and the duties as delegated by the Employer.
- Bachelor's Degree information technology or related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- 10 years + experience in a senior-level data management role.
- Management experience.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Analytically minded.
- Professionalism and ethical behaviour.
Posted on 13 Mar 13:24