|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company |
|Benefits:||Medical Aid & Provident|
Job descriptionThe junior audience analyst works closely with Audience Analysts across a series of brands, directing insights which overlay community, brand strategy/category performance, paid media, sales and social listening data to provide insights for the data builds our data analysts create daily while leveraging the trends data which our trends analysts and consumer insights analysts create weekly.
Team SLA compliance
Meet weekly, monthly, campaign and special research project deadlines. Ensuring assigned tasks have been completed in the agreed timeframe.
Data and insights excellence
Work closely with data analysts and audience analysts to visualise data and craft actionable insights which overlay a clear understanding of the brand strategy, current brand activity and overarching strategic goals, while evaluating performance data with an overarching view of the brand’s target audience, performance goals and passion-points.
Data innovation and best practice
Innovation and best practice. Stay up-to-date with brand strategy changes, Kantar research data, platform updates and new insights/strategy frameworks to constantly drive industry best practice and data-driven creativity through your insights.
Earned media excellence
Act as the brand custodian to the brands you work on, while championing the adoption of Earned Media strategies to support the rest of the agency business units (Understand, Create and Engage) through the development of actionable insights which support brand strategy and KPIs.
Take accountability as the Insights lead on the brands you work on, connecting with Data Analysts, Community Managers, Strategists, Connections and Brand team to synthesis information into actionable insights which drive the adoption of Earned Media strategies.
- Connect with data analysts and communicate brand updates and activity which impacts reporting requirements – Crimson/Brandwatch keywords or custom campaign dashboard build briefs
- Review weekly Looker Digital Performance Reports and work with Audience Analysts to define Earned Impression insights in preparation for weekly optimization sprints
- Attend brand sprints with audience analysts to report back on Earned Media tracking
- Take responsibility as key resource to document weekly activity on team calendar to ensure knowledge centralisation
- Take responsibility as key resource reviewing weekly Crimson Social Listening Reports - flag or alert negative sentiment for crisis review or quick-turn social listening deep-dives on the brands you work on
- Weekly training of brand monitors on Crimson/Brandwatch to improve sentiment automation
- Connect with Data Analysts and Audience Analysts on brand updates - key monthly activity/current campaign focus for the month to define data extraction requirements
- Support Audience Analysts to bring a clear understanding of the brand strategy, current brand activity and overarching strategic goals to craft meaningful insights which evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and monthly brand activity
- Support Audience Analyst in the evaluation of performance data with an overarching view of the brand’s target audience and passion-points to offer consumer-centric insights
- Connect with Community Managers on the respective brand to gain community audience insights to overlay in reports
- Support the Audience Analysts with any desktop research needed to support monthly reporting insights
- Follow-up with media team to align and refine final paid media performance insights in conjunction with Audience Analysts
Research and proactive insights
- Connects with Data Analysts and Audience Analysts to define requirements and map-out report structure
- Evaluates reporting metrics against specific brand / campaign KPIs
- Social media data analysis and trends hacking to define key topics, audience demographics and influencers which inform overarching insights and recommendations
- Support Audience Analysts in the analysis of performance data with an overarching view of the brand’s target audience and passion-points to offer consumer-centric insights
- Apply knowledge of best practice and competitor activity benchmarking to craft insights which outline optimisation opportunities for the brand
- Connects with data analysts and Audience Analysts to define requirements and map-out report structure
- Works with audience analyst to defines reporting metrics against specific research requirement / research question
- Assists with desktop research to overlay keywords strategy with search behaviour and 3rd party research statistics (to compile brief to Data Analyst for monitor setup)
- Establish category benchmarks in conjunction with Data Analysts and Audience Analysts to direct insights
- Work closely alongside Audience Analysts to review data to extract trends and formulate insights in line with actionable recommendations for brands to experiment with. This could include but not be limited to merchandise opportunities, product innovation, influencers and experiential opportunities
Contribute to a culture of innovation and curiosity which drives the adoption of data-driven creativity to build stronger brands. Champion the adoption of earned media strategies which translate from data and insights outputs into business strategy. *This will be driven through our two-monthly strategy and knowledge share workshops.
- Higher certificate/diploma or relevant tertiary qualifications/certifications
- Three+ years either social media management/digital content management/data and analysis/strategy/or media experience – key being the ability to interpret data and identify trends and insights
- Experience using ORM and reporting tools
- Strategically minded
- Critical thinker
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Client-facing with presentation skills
- Digital native
Posted on 12 Mar 09:52