PR Account Manager - Crisis Comms
|Remuneration:||Rand40000 - Rand50000 per month NegotiableDependingOnExperience |
Our team needs to hire an experienced account manager ideally with previous PR agency experience but you absolutely must have a passion for and exp in crisis comms.
The executive will be responsible for the full public relations function on behalf of clients of the company. This includes ensuring that the communication plans that have been proposed and accepted by clients are implemented creatively and quickly. Firm and open relationships with clients and the media are essential and need to be developed and maintained. The executive will be responsible for maintaining and actively managing the allocated accounts both strategically and tactically.
This will include:
- Adhering to the administration required by the management, including consistency of all outgoing communications.
- Actively managing the day-to-day running of retained clients business and maintaining regular contact with them.
- Following up any requests made by clients pertaining to communication.
- Preparing for and attending status meetings with clients according to an agreed timetable.
- Taking minutes and issuing accurate contact/status reports within 48 hours of the meeting.
- Constantly seeking fresh communication ideas and angles and discussing these with clients.
- Researching, writing, checking and issuing press releases using the correct format.
- Following up the releases or angles presented to media on a consistent basis.
- Maintaining up-to-date media and feature lists on behalf of clients.
- Checking articles and disseminating as necessary.
- Preparing quarterly reports on all activities undertaken and discussing these internally and with clients assigned to you.
- Participate in the sourcing of leads for new business prospects.
- Present the company’s credentials together with other executives when requested to do so.
- Assist in the preparation of strategic and tactical plans for clients.
- Ensure that deliverables agreed to with clients are addressed and achieved.
- Establish professional relationships with clients for purposes of retention of the business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key target markets such as journalists and analysts.
- Generally, act in a manner and with an attitude befitting the culture and status of the business and its associate companies.
- Attend client functions as and when required.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with all members of the team.
- Strong client service skills
- At least five to six years experience within a public relations agency, where you will have attained account management level
- Media relationships must be very strong with the ability to create maximum exposure for clients
- Commitment to a strong work ethic
- Good written, verbal and listening skills
- Ability to plan, organise and control work flows
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Accountable and responsible
- Good team player
Posted on 28 May 09:14