Visit Covid-19 news, #LockdownLessons, links and sacoronavirus.co.za
#OrchidsandOnions: Campaign on the money
I love the Gumtree approach, ticks a lot of boxes. Interested to know your thoughts on the new SARS advert about paying your taxes - the "your taxes matter" (or similar) line is, in my opinion, gobsmackingly tacky. The fact that taxpayers' hard earned (and fast diminishing) cash is being used to produce and screen an expensive and tacky TV ad also irritates.
Posted on 13 Jul 2020 15:12
It would be a grave mistake to order your coffin too late
This article made my day! Thank you.
Posted on 13 Jul 2020 13:49
Agile global supply chains: Supporting manufacturers through a time of change
Totally agree, but localisation also poses some challenges due to the instability of supply chain and its verticals.. it's going to be a ride that needs adaptable solutions that will provide some agility as opposed to the reliance of imports in order put cost efficiency at the forefront to improve Market competitiveness for Africa
Posted on 13 Jul 2020 10:58
CBD oil is legal in South Africa. Here's what you need to know
The substance is still heavily controlled or illegal in many European countries, including Finland, Italy, and Germany. You are expected to get a prescription and a license to use CBD in those places — whether the police will actually bother arresting you is another story. Several US states either ban the substance or let it sit in a legal limbo, with manufacturers and users not sure if what they're doing is legal or not.When you consider all that, the limitations placed on CBD in South Africa don't sound that draconian. I can understand the government wanting to start small before they give everyone a free pass to use as much CBD as they want.
Posted on 12 Jul 2020 17:11
Shaw Academy offers free courses during lockdown
Yes they have done this to me too. I only did the free 4 week course and I asked for a manual. I never received it and they are taking money every month. Still have not received what I asked for
Posted on 12 Jul 2020 12:01
HPCSA on issue of review of BAA and CAA training courses
We did course with love but only to find out that is not easy to get jobs ending up giving up whats then you forget everything what you learned because is theres no use for it
Posted on 10 Jul 2020 00:08
Cellphones as learning devices
How can you even call yourself a motivational speaker and a leader if you out here body-shaming women?
Posted on 9 Jul 2020 17:50
5 ways to make your trip along the Garden Route sustainable
Buffelsdrift Game Lodge Is not a conservation oriented Reserve when they allow interactions with elephants. Please correct this error. Thank you.
Posted on 8 Jul 2020 20:09
HPCSA on issue of review of BAA and CAA training courses
What i don't understand is that why you suspend a person for not paying the annual fee but that person is not working,where will he/she get that money.So that money paid on the college goes to waste include the certificate but that's so unfair if i may say.
Posted on 8 Jul 2020 15:16
Newly-launched Tribuo Fund to support freelance artists during Covid-19 pandemic
That sounds like a great initiative and I hope and pray it pays off for the wellness of thousands struggling artists out there, goodluck
Posted on 8 Jul 2020 13:57
Tiisetso Mashego
Tiisetso Mashego
Think context before content - A Nando's example
Very well written!!! Thought provoking and engaging.
Posted on 7 Jul 2020 17:09
Nedbank unveils 'tap-on-phone' functionality
"Functionality" should read as function. Why an invented use for this word?
Posted on 7 Jul 2020 12:34
Nespresso introduces new Ugandan coffee through Reviving Origins programme
What an excellent initiative. I will be looking for brands and organisations supporting the program. It begs the question, what other crops could be supported through similar initiatives.
Posted on 7 Jul 2020 12:27
BREAKING: Media24 considers closures, reduced frequencies and accelerates digital due to Covid-19
'Considering' is disingenuous. It will happen. Is happening. As journos it's your job to sort the truth from the PR *****it. Your headline should be 'Carnage' and you should lead with the closures.
Posted on 7 Jul 2020 12:07
A cultural watershed moment in the media
Interesting discussion Lwazi. I do miss your critical, inclusive thinking
Posted on 6 Jul 2020 14:16
Being locked down with your killer
Very insightful article!
Posted on 6 Jul 2020 13:17
Scientists warn of increasing threats posed by invasive alien species
Thanks prof but I would love to see the insects species that are troubling the world in agriculture and it's life cycles so to what mitigation measures can be taken and adhered to control them
Posted on 5 Jul 2020 12:27
How to calculate employees Covid-19 UIF TERS benefit payout
Good day is it a force matter for the employer to top up ters benefit??
Posted on 3 Jul 2020 20:28
Vusi Nkabini, the oldest CA(SA) to ever qualify
Hi, can I get your details I need advise relating to CA also 44, currently in my 2th year doing a Diploma in Accounting and Auditing.
Posted on 3 Jul 2020 20:09
How to select the best business structure for your startup
Hi Admin!This article is absolutely helpful and I have ever read this article Thanks for giving such an amazing article
Posted on 3 Jul 2020 12:39