Loeries Creative Week Durban
Marketing & Media jobs
- Senior Strategist - Below the Line Johannesburg
- Account Manager Johannesburg
- Junior Art Director Cape Town
- Midweight Print Production Manager Johannesburg
- General Manager Johannesburg
- Advertising Sales Executive - Highbury Media Cape Town
- Website Designer Johannesburg
- Advertising/Promotions Coordinator Johannesburg
- Digital Campaign Manager Cape Town
- Senior Account Manager Johannesburg
Grid's Yatish Narsi and Jan-Hendrick on their way to judge the Loeries
During Jan-Hendrick’s time at Grid, his work has included two Loeries Grand Prix winners for the Anti Est (2014) and Marble (2017) projects. His work has also been recognised internationally at D&AD and OneShow.
When asked how they felt about being selected as judges at this Loeries?
Jan-Hendrick explains, “As a creative, it is one of the greatest milestones to be recognised by the Loeries for your work.
Yatish replied, “Honour aside, I think there it is a huge responsibility to judge at the Loeries. As individuals, we constantly judge whatever we encounter, and I really don’t think it’s about bringing that bias in. To be part of shaping a collective opinion is something I am incredibly honoured and humbled by.”
What they were most looking forward to from Loeries 2019?
Yatish says, “More than anything I’m looking to be shaken out of my comfort zone, challenged by what I see and rewarded by the process as much as the awarded.
Jan-Hendrick replied, “I want to see design playing a prominent role in all disciplines inside and outside our creative industry to solve problems and communicate clearly and creatively.”
What’s the biggest trend in advertising that they expected to see from this year’s entries?
“Based on the overall results from the international awards, I think work will be more focused on contextually relevant executions,” concludes Jan-Hendrick.
Yatish explains, “I’m not really one for trends, and I’m certainly not looking forward to work that’s trying too hard to find a purpose. If the work is genuinely trying to solve problems and demonstrates purpose through it, great!”
Grid Worldwide's press office
- Grid Worldwide partners with Absa at the World Economic Forum 5 Sep 2019
- Saint celebrates turning one 22 Aug 2019
- Grid's Yatish Narsi and Jan-Hendrick on their way to judge the Loeries 19 Aug 2019
- Grid wins Hyundai in three-way pitch 8 Aug 2019
- FNB Springboks Rugby World Cup campaign 29 Jul 2019