Marketing & Media jobs
- Fieldworkers Durban
- Digital Marketing Partnership Specialist Pretoria
- Social Media Motion Designer Cape Town
- Junior Account Executive Johannesburg
- Audience Analyst Johannesburg
- Social Media Content Creator/Community Manager Johannesburg, Cape Town
- Sales Development Representative Cape Town
- Junior/Mid Digital Art Director Johannesburg
- Full-Stack Developer Cape Town, Johannesburg
- Software Developer - C# Johannesburg
Dan Mace becomes first South African to win three Young Director Awards at Cannes
Dan won Silver in the Broadcast category for the Here’s To The Us In Every Tusker ad he directed in Kenya with Groundglass for Net#work BBDO. Dan was the only winner from Africa in the category. He was also shortlisted in the Changing The World Frame By Frame category for Tusker Flag 42.
Last year, Dan won two Young Director Award Silvers: for Gift in the Short Film category and The Bomb Sniffing Rats Saving Lives in Mozambique in the Changing The World Frame By Frame category.
These are just the latest in a string of accolades for the Tusker campaign, which has already picked up an African Cristal Film Grand Prix; two One Show craft merits; Creative Circle Ad of the Month; Ad of the Week from MarkLives; and a Special Mention on ididtht’s SA Film Reel.
Dan thanked everyone who’s made the campaign such a success, especially Net#work’s creative team of producer Caroline Switala, creative director Tim Beckerling and chief creative officer Mike Schalit; DOP Fabian Vettiger; editor Stephen du Plessis; VFX artist Blake Prinsloo; Sibot and Rob Brinkworth for the music and sound; and line producer Vjorn du Toit.
“We’re so proud of Dan and Vjorn,” says Egg Films’ executive producer Colin Howard. “And we’re super excited about our future together.”
Since joining Egg last month, Dan’s been in demand, directing campaigns for YouTube and Vodacom. He’s also one of South Africa’s most popular YouTubers, with over 20m views and 70,000 subscribers to his DantheDirector channel.
Dan’s Young Director Award is one of a number of big wins by Egg directors at Cannes Lions this year. Absolut One Source – directed by Sunu - took home Gold, two Silvers and Bronze in the Entertainment, Entertainment for Music and Media categories, while adidas Originals Original Is Never Finished – directed by Terence Neale – won the Grand Prix in the Entertainment for Music category, a Bronze in Entertainment, and three Bronze Film Crafts. Terence also won a Bronze in Creative Effectiveness for his previous adidas Originals ad, Your Future Is Not Mine.
About Egg Films
The most internationally awarded South African production company in 2016, Egg Films represents directors Brent Harris, Dan Mace, Dani Hynes, Jason Fialkov, Lebogang Rasethaba, Slim, Sunu, Terence Neale and Zwelethu Radebe. We do TV ads, music videos, short films and other things too. For more information, visit https://eggfilms.tv.
Egg Films' press office
|Egg Films is a conceptually driven creative force representing local and international directors who produce fresh, emotionally evocative work that is brave and innovative.|
- Robin Adams and Ogilvy Cape Town living 'The Life'!05 Feb 09:33
- Egg Films goes to extremes - icy snow to sunny sand and sea - For MTN and Castle Lite27 Nov 12:37
- Kyle Lewis helps to brings Toya DeLazy's 'Afro Rave' to life14 Oct 13:56
- Lebogang Rasethaba gives us a glimpse into modern soccer culture for the 2019 Shell Helix Ultra Cup27 Sep 13:22
- Kyle Lewis creates a powerful manifesto for EWI07 Aug 12:56