Marketing & Media jobs
- Junior-Mid Motion Graphics Designer Johannesburg
- Mid-Weight Designer - Traditional Johannesburg
- Conceptual Copywriter Johannesburg
- Mid-Senior Content Officer Cape Town
- Call Centre Agent Cape Town
- Senior Account Director Johannesburg
- Fieldworkers Durban
- Digital Marketing Partnership Specialist Pretoria
- Social Media Motion Designer Cape Town
- Junior Account Executive Johannesburg
Sunu wins Gold, two Silvers and Bronze at Cannes Lions
Sunu won for directing the music videos and brand films for One Source, Native VML’s campaign for Absolut starring Khuli Chana, Sarkodie, Victoria Kimani and other African musicians.
“For a long time, South African creatives looked overseas for inspiration,” says Sunu, who shot One Source in Ghana. “In contrast, One Source is a celebration of the creative revolution taking place across the continent as we embrace who we are as Africans. All credit to Native VML, Absolut and Pernod Ricard for seeing the opportunity in showcasing Africa in a completely different light on a global stage.”
Khuli, Native VML’s Jason Xenopoulos and Ryan McManus, and Pernod Ricard’s Melanie Campbell presented One Source as a case study on the mainstage during Cannes Lions – an honour in itself, considering other speakers included the likes of Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg, Nobel Peace Prize winner Juan Manuel Santos, and stars like A$AP Rocky, Steven Gerrard and Halle Berry.
One Source topped South Africa’s iTunes charts and was nominated for Best Music Video at The South African Music Awards and Metro FM Awards. The campaign was also the most nominated and most awarded campaign at South Africa’s Bookmarks.
“This was a collaboration of truly talented people,” says Egg Films’ producer Kerry Hosford. “We’re immensely grateful to have been able to work with a brave agency and client who allowed us to make work that stands out, at a time when so many brands in SA are playing it safe.”
Going into Wednesday night’s awards, Egg Films and their sister company Arcade Content had all seven of South Africa’s shortlists in the Entertainment and Entertainment for Music categories at Cannes Lions, as well as the only Media shortlist from South Africa. These converted into a Grand Prix, a Gold, two Silvers, and two Bronzes.
About Egg Films
The most internationally awarded South African production company in 2016, Egg Films represents directors Brent Harris, Dan Mace, Dani Hynes, Jason Fialkov, Lebogang Rasethaba, Slim, Sunu, Terence Neale and Zwelethu Radebe. We do TV ads, music videos, short films and other things too. For more information, visit https://eggfilms.tv.
Egg Films' press office
|Egg Films is a conceptually driven creative force representing local and international directors who produce fresh, emotionally evocative work that is brave and innovative.|
- Robin Adams and Ogilvy Cape Town living 'The Life'!05 Feb 09:33
- Egg Films goes to extremes - icy snow to sunny sand and sea - For MTN and Castle Lite27 Nov 12:37
- Kyle Lewis helps to brings Toya DeLazy's 'Afro Rave' to life14 Oct 13:56
- Lebogang Rasethaba gives us a glimpse into modern soccer culture for the 2019 Shell Helix Ultra Cup27 Sep 13:22
- Kyle Lewis creates a powerful manifesto for EWI07 Aug 12:56