1 Oct 2017 - 1 Mar 2018 - Johannesburg
• Competently operating an audio mixing desk with multiple audio sources including digital playback systems, CD, DAT, and minidisk players.
• Conducting live face-to-face and telephone interviews.
• Presenting competently on air including speaking off the cuff unassisted for 3 minutes and more on an impromptu subject.
• Knowledge of music, musicians, and music history with emphasis on Yfm's core genres -- House/Dance, Hip Hop, Kwaito, R&B, B&E
• Understanding of the importance of marketing in the radio environment including the concepts of brand value and brand integrity
Sales and research
• Understanding of audience research, demographics and segmentation;
• Understanding of how a rate card works
• Designing a basic sales campaign for an arbitrary client
• Ability to draw up an ad schedule with costings
Copywriting and scripting
• Writing voice over scripts and radio scripts.
• Writing a script for a 30 second commercial for an arbitrary client.
• Audio editing and recording, producing radio commercials, and promos / imaging for the radio environment using current technology including ProTools, and interaction with clients.
• The basics of broadcast journalism
Technical and Outside Broadcasts
• Understanding of how to operate a audio mixing desk for a presenter during an outside broadcast
• Understanding of how to set up an outside broadcast including ISDN lines, PA systems, and communications.
1 Nov 2015 - 1 Mar 2017 - Johannesburg
Public Relations & Brand:
• Implementing the devised PR strategy to position Cinemark as a credible brand in the B2B marketplace.
• Ensuring that Cinemark is a significant advertising partner for appropriate marketers.
• Educating the industry concerning cinema advertising in the broad field of media.
• Generate R2,5mil Cinemark media coverage per quarter
• Implement the approved marketing strategy to serve as support to both Sales team as well as position Cinemark in the B2B marketplace.
• Driving effective marketing tactics to ensure the generation of additional revenues.
• Ensuring that the marketing function performs within set financial measures and that there is ROI on campaigns executed.
• Increase buy-in from media agencies by including cinema on media flow plans.
(eg. On website)
• Enhance client relationships with advertisers and agencies
• Generation of sales leads to reassess measurable to encompass more areas of lead generation
Cannes Lions Advertising Festival
• Deploy the Young Lions Competition and screening of the Cannes Winners reel in order to grab market attention, create relevance within the media space, connect with media agencies, creative agencies and advertisers
• Share news from Cannes Lions and its affiliated festivals regularly with the industry
• Educate the industry regarding international technical standards for effective advertising
• Maintain relationship with Cannes Lions
• Develop and maintain appropriate sales tools in order to ensure consistently accurate information is available to aid the sales process.
• Identifying challenges and weaknesses in the sales process that could be resolved through collateral and overseeing the production of such sales aids.
• Devising means to allow sales staff to maintain customer relationships.
• Keeping abreast of innovation in cinema that will improve the credibility delivery of a sales advertising pitch.
Marketing & Sales Assistant
1 Apr 2015 - 1 Nov 2015 - Johannesburg
• Managing all Marketing activities for Global Access
• Managing Social Media
• Curating content for Newsletters, E-mailers, Advertising and Press releases.
• Coordinating sourcing of Marketing Collateral
• In addition to this, assisting with Sales support activities which includes Cold Calling, Sourcing and Packaging Tenders and any other related activities
Production Management Intern
1 Oct 2014 - 1 Mar 2015 - Johannesburg
I was responsible for all the organisational aspects of production scheduling and budgeting and assisted the Producer to interpret and realise the Director’s vision, financially and logistically. I prepared production schedules or script breakdowns to confirm that sufficient time has been allocated for all aspects of the production process, and to check the Producer’s budget and schedule. In addition, I provided logistical breakdowns of scripts, detailing all aspects of production requirements, such as: how many and which presenters are needed on which days; what locations are required each day; and crewing requirements.
Ensuring that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines, and stay within budgets
• I Understand the technical processes involved in television production, including camera, lighting, sound and editing
• I Know how to ensure that all necessary licences and clearances have been obtained for a production.
• I work effectively, and with diplomacy and sensitivity, with all members of the production team, and with Actors, presenters, other contributors.
• I can manage and adhere to budgets
Social Media Coordinator
1 Jul 2013 - 1 Apr 2014 - Johannesburg
As Social Media Manager, I implemented the Company’s Social Media Strategy, developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and encouraging product adoption. This role coordinates with Marketing and PR to support respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral network.
• Implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services
• Work with the Product development team to ensure social media tools (for example FB connect, Sharing buttons) are kept up to date
• Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy efforts, promotions, etc.
• Manage presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, and other similar community sites, posting on relevant blogs, and seeding content into social applications as needed
• Being an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
• Managing a Blog and building an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Company
• Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
• Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
• General Administration functions such as building good rapports and managing relationships with suppliers, sourcing quotes and managing stationery and other related resources.
1 Feb 2013 - 1 Jul 2013 - Johannesburg
• Answer all incoming telephone calls
• Route all incoming and internal telephone calls to relevant parties
• Write detailed messages and distribute to relevant parties (when not available for calls)
• Ensure reception is clean, neat and tidy at all times
• Ensure that the boardroom and meeting rooms are clean, neat and tidy at all times
• Ensure that the boardroom and meeting rooms have essential stationary/equipment for meetings
• Receive all visitors and inform the relevant parties
• Order all refreshments for visitors and clients
• Book all boardrooms for relevant parties
• Sign all delivery log sheets of suppliers
• Distribute uncollected mail at the end of the day
• Periodically updates the company extension list
• Provide directions to first time visitors
• Receive packages to be posted and inform the driver
• Serve refreshments, snacks, breakfast and/or finger lunches for VIP meetings/in house events
• Monitoring who is coming and going through the doors of the company
• Answering visitors' inquiries about the company and its products or services
My personal qualities as a frontline receptionist include:
Attentiveness, a well-groomed appearance, initiative, loyalty, maturity, respect for confidentiality and discretion, a positive attitude and dependability.