[Chris Charter] Consumers have been encouraged by the acting Consumer Commissioner to "seek redress" under the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) concerning the content of their meat products but consumers looking for a payday will be most likely be disappointed.
[Chris Charter] In an interlocutory matter concerning the Competition Commission's ongoing attempt to prosecute Telkom for alleged abuse of dominance in wholesale internet access, the Competition Tribunal has dealt with the extent to which a respondent should have access to the commission's internal reports and other information leading to a referral.
[Chris Charter] The COMESA Competition Commission is intended to administer a supra-regional competition and consumer protection regime, and its sudden appearance on the scene in January 2013 is not without controversy.
[Chris Charter] The recent announcement by the Competition Commission that it will refer Media24 to the Competition Tribunal will be the first occasion that the commission has referred a predatory pricing case to the tribunal. This case will be watched with interest by practitioners, economists and any dominant firms that seek to price aggressively, or introduce "fighting brands" and "loss leaders" as part of their sales strategy.
- Elizabeth Mangold Attorney at Maraschin Attorneys created a profile
20 hours, 52 minutes ago
- Don Yearin Manager at Yearin Law Offices, PLC dba Yearin Law Group created a profile
22 hours, 11 minutes ago
- Earl Kincade Tax Return Preparation , Tax Return Preparation - Business created a profile
3 days, 14 hours, 3 minutes ago
- Adjunct Professor Graham Paddock Senior Partner at Paddocks created a profile
4 days, 23 hours, 43 minutes ago
- Jackwell Feris Director in Dispute Resolution Practice at Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr created a profile
5 days, 9 minutes ago
- Anli Bezuidenhout Candidate Attorney at Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr created a profile
5 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes ago