In the past year, focus groups were conducted in Cape Town, Somerset West, Stellenbosch, Port Elizabeth, Humansdorp and George. True to Die Burger
's slogan “Praat Saam”, we've listened to our readers and have incorporated the following changes:
- Main newspaper will include more and sharper in-depth analysis of daily news
- Greater focus on international news, especially the African continent
- More legible typography and accessible layout
- Shorter articles, but without sacrificing depth, meaning and relevance.
- Larger crossword puzzles
- TV schedules will include the latest entertainment news
- Supplements will burst with relevant and interesting trends and news
- The daily fun pages will include the most popular comic strip, as voted by our readers
- Alternative news initiatives including dieburger.com, newsletters and cellular phones, will be promptly updated with breaking news
The purpose of this redesign is to offer a product through which one can truly stay at the forefront of news - breaking and in-depth - analysis and entertainment. Unsurprisingly, this redesign will also offer better value and new opportunities to present and potential advertisers.
Make sure that you grab hold of the new look Die Burger
- out on sale on 14 July. Die Burger Praat Saam
- truly dedicated to you.