Natalie Naudé, EXSA Chair
During the last eighteen months the Association, as with many other associations and industry bodies, had seen a decline in membership due to financial constraints on companies. Natalie Naudé, EXSA Chair, says "the recent growth in membership is a positive indication that the exhibition and events industry may have turned the corner and is now looking forward to a period of growth and development. Companies tend to rein in what is perceived as unnecessary expenditure during a period of uncertainty, and then at the onset of an upturn look towards opportunities for marketing and positioning during the commencement of an upturn."
"What is especially rewarding is that we have four new organiser members," says Sue Gannon, the EXSA GM, "and this is so important because it is the organisers who obviously drive the industry sector. With more shows and events, the demand for suppliers will naturally follow and this can clearly be shown with eleven new suppliers joining the Association! We really look forward to a much improved 2011 with some exciting new shows in the pipeline."
The four new organiser members are:
- LTE SA - a Cape-based exhibition organiser focusing on the clothing and textile sectors.
- Montgomery Africa is a Johannesburg-based organiser, who alongside Specialised Exhibitions forms part of Montgomery Specialised. Montgomery Africa has a range of well respected and established consumer shows, and is part of the Montgomery Worldwide group headquartered in London.
- Siyenza Management is a Johannesburg-based organiser of the Energy Indaba, as well as a number of other speciality shows.
- SA Fashion Week, run by South Africa's leading fashionista, Lucilla Booysen, organiser of SA Fashion Week in all the major centres.
In addition eleven new suppliers have joined the Association, namely:
- Cozi Hiring, has been in existence since 1978 and specialises in general event hiring and providing marquees and event infrastructure management for the Cape area.
- TST On-Site Management business focus is on the logistics, drayage and freight handling that is required for many national and international exhibitions and events (Johannesburg based).
- Two Way Exhibition Services provides a range of events services in Gauteng, as well as Cape Town and Durban.
- Downings Marquee Hiring are a well respected marquee hiring company with offices in all the major centres.
- Seat Works, run by industry stalwart Anita Mathias, is a new furniture hiring company.
- Garona Communications specialises in exhibition systems, signage and outdoor display material.
- Quick IT Rentals specialises in short-term rentals of computers, laptops, etc. for the exhibition market.
- Concept G Exhibitions and Events are a well-known project management company offering a full turn-key operation.
- Schenker South Africa is a leading freight forwarding company also with a logistics and drayage facility for exhibitions both locally and internationally.
- African Graphics is a brand management company specialising in graphics for the exhibition industry.
- Magnetic Communications is an event management company specialising in branding, road shows, conferences, etc.
"We are really delighted to have these fantastic companies as part of the Association and look forward to welcoming many more into the fold during the months to come," concludes Gannon.
For further information on EXSA please contact 011 805 7272 or www.exsa.co.za