False Bay TVET College is well established as a provider of good quality education and training. The College understands that for its mission to be meaningful, all three exit opportunities namely further studies, employment and self-employment as career choices for its graduates, must get equal attention.
We are therefore committed to promoting entrepreneurship as a career of choice, which is supported by the recent adoption of the College StrategicPlan for 2014 - 2017. As part of its mandate the College will pursue entrepreneurship education and training as a key service to our graduates and communities.
To this end, False Bay TVET College has formed a partnership with the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) to establish a Centre for Entrepreneurship (CfE).
Its mission and purpose is multifaceted and is designed to:
- Inculcate entrepreneurial thinking in the delivery of False Bay TVET College vocational and occupational education and training programmes to stimulate an entrepreneurial economy;
- Inspire young College graduates to become entrepreneurs;
- Activate an entrepreneurial spirit among False Bay TVET College students and make entrepreneurship a more attractive career choice;
- Support existing businesses in the Khayelitsha and Mitchells Plain geographical areas; and
- Enable graduates to establish businesses through formal training and practical business experience.
The primary target group to benefit from the CfE will be our TVET College graduates and the TVET SMME sector in the Khayelitsha and Mitchells Plain geographical areas. The Centre will also be poised to support the vocational and occupational curriculum of the College focusing on entrepreneurship education.