On our seven-year journey we have overcome our fair share of challenges and have passed some significant milestones along the way:
- August 2005: Privatised Pointsmen Project launched in Johannesburg.
- September 2005: Introduction of the first Mobile Pointsmen in Johannesburg, which allows us the flexibility to respond to numerous intersections as and when required.
- April 2011: Saw the long awaited launch of the Cape Town team.
- May 2011: Launch of the Tshwane team.
- June 2011: We heeded the requests of numerous motorists in Soweto and a dedicated Soweto team was launched. This team now totals 25 Pointsmen.
- February 2012: We received the exciting news that we had been successful in our tender bid to the City Of Joburg, bringing to an end months of speculation and uncertainty and once again formalising our relationship with the City into the future.
Traffic Freeflow, in collaboration with the relevant Metro Police Departments, also fulfils a vital role in managing traffic control at numerous high-profile, annual events such as the Momentum 94.7 Cyclechallenge and Discovery 702 Walk The Talk, as well as many other ad hoc and annual events.
We still have a number of planned initiatives for the future, which includes the introduction of OUTsurance Mobile Pointsmen into Cape Town as well as Tshwane.
Peter Cronje, head of Marketing at OUTsurance, also wished the project a happy birthday and says, "Over the past seven years, thousands of motorists have come to rely on the OUTsurance pointsmen during their daily commute, and we at OUTsurance are extremely happy to be a part of such a valuable community service.
"We look forward to the roll-out of mobile Pointsmen into Cape Town and Tshwane, as this project continues to go from strength to strength! Happy Birthday, Traffic Freeflow!"
Says Traffic Freeflow General Manager, Torsten Hein: "We would not have reached this significant milestone without the invaluable support and contribution from our partners, especially Headline Sponsor: OUTsurance, the Cities of Johannesburg, Tshwane and Cape Town, along with their Metro Police and Traffic Departments, Talk Radio 702, The Kit Group and our many sub-sponsors."
He goes on to say: "On the wonderful occasion of our seventh birthday, we would like to express our sincere thanks and appreciation to all our partners and stakeholders as we look forward to an equally successful partnership into the future!"