The 2011 winners of the IT industry's most prestigious awards will be announced at The CSSA President's Awards event - a business breakfast organised in association with ITWeb, taking place on Thursday 10 November 2011, at the Hilton Sandton Hotel.
Vinny Lingham, executive vice-chairman at Yola.com and co-founder of the Silicon Cape Initiative, will deliver the keynote address, focusing on the key trends that are shaping the global technology sector, and the challenges and opportunities they present for SA's IT enterprises.
The four awards being presented are:
- IT Personality of the Year - now in its 33rd year, presented by the CSSA in association with ITWeb, GIBS and Gartner Africa
- Visionary CIO of the Year - presented by the CSSA in association with ITWeb , GIBS and Gartner Africa
- Distinguished Service in ICT - presented by the CSSA in association with EngineerIT
- IT Leading Employer - presented by the CSSA in association with TalentAlign IT
In 2010, the IT Personality title went to Mark Levy, joint-CEO of Blue Label Telecom, while Patrick Monyeki, then the CIO of De Beers Group, was named the Visionary CIO of the year.
This year's finalists for the IT Personality award are:
- Asher Bohbot, CEO of EOH
- Darlene Menzies, Managing owner, The Development House
- Greg Reis, CEO, Business Systems Group
- Mteto Nyati, MD, Microsoft
- Sean O'Connell, CEO, Airborne
The top five finalists for the Visionary CIO award are:
- Andrew Brauer, CIO/CTO, Business Connexion
- Bradley Coward, Group CIO, Sappi
- Mayan Mathen, CTO, Dimension Data MEA
- Rubens da Silva, CIO, Johannesburg Water
- Sandi Macfie, CIO, Southern Sun Hotels
To find out more about the finalists and the CSSA President's Awards event, go to: www.itweb.co.za/CSSAAwards
A portion of all the proceeds from the CSSA's President's Awards breakfast will go towards the Papillon Foundation, www.papillonfoundation.com