Jovan Regasek, ITWeb founder and CEO
South Africa's leading technology-focused publisher recently celebrated 15 years of existence. Since its launch in 1996, ITWeb has grown from a small online pioneer, to a technology-focused publishing house that delivers news and information through diverse content platforms, including Web, mobile, apps, social media, newsletters, print and events.
Founder and CEO Jovan Regasek says: "Both industries in which we operate - technology and media - are experiencing massive, disruptive changes. Information delivery and consumption methods are being reinvented and we see this as an opportunity to strengthen, grow and enhance our services to our audience of ICT decision-makers."
To support its growth strategy through the next decade, the business technology media company has promoted its key divisional managers to directors. They are:
- Glenda van Zyl, online managing editor and chief sub, has been appointed editorial director of ITWeb Online.
- Michelle Dunlop, who has managed online sales, has been appointed business development director of ITWeb Online.
- Brainstorm magazine editor Samantha Perry is the new editorial director of ITWeb's print division.
- Caryn Berman has a dual portfolio: business development director of the print division, and social responsibility director for the ITWeb Group.
- Debbie Visser, ITWeb Events sales executive, has been appointed business development director of Events.
- Ernie Hipner, who heads up ITWeb's recruitment service CareerWeb, has been named business development director of online recruitment.
"We are delighted that we were able to strengthen the board with the addition of people who have already proven their ability to think strategically and creatively, to drive editorial excellence for our readers and service excellence for our customers," says Regasek.
"We have ambitious plans for growth led by the new, fresh-thinking management team. Major projects are already in the pipeline - including the coverage of the ICT sector in key African markets, from Nigeria to Kenya," he adds.About ITWeb
ITWeb is South Africa's leading technology-focused publisher, with media products and services that span online, print and events. ITWeb Online reaches over 160 000 unique readers a month and services a large client base through its Virtual Press Office offering. ITWeb's print titles include Brainstorm
and a series of ITWeb Informatica
reference books. Its events, such as BI Summit
and IT Security Summit
, provide a networking and knowledge exchange platform, addressing prevailing business technology trends and issues.
ITWeb owns a number of related online businesses - online recruitment service CareerWeb, social media platform MyDigitalLife, as well as other industry portals such as DefenceWeb and iFashion.
ITWeb's BEE partner Mvelaphanda Holdings owns a 25.1% stake in the group, while the balance is owned by management and staff.www.itweb.co.za
Follow "ITWeb" on Facebook and TwitterContact
Editorial director, ITWeb
Cell: 082 560 8400
Tell: 011 807 3294
Twitter: @rankaj @itweb