Hi! We're Umuntu...
Umuntu who? Umuntu Media. We're here to help communities by making it easy for them to create and share content. Hyper-local, super relevant content. We're also here to help advertisers and media owners connect with communities. We're building the local wide web and we love it!
What are we good for?
We're here for three kinds of people:
We're here for communities. They use our products to find and add relevant local information.
We're right behind media owners: they use our products to connect with communities and build revenue streams.
We're pretty useful for Advertisers who rely on us to target communities through trusted local media brands.
Just what exactly are we up to?
Well, we think we're perfectly positioned to become THE major player in hyper-local content - all over Africa and all over the world. What's more, we've found a smart way to monetize the whole thing. Exciting right?
Where have we been?
- We've launched nine iPortals across Africa. We're especially proud of iNamibia. It quickly leapt to biggest local website in Namibia. In three short months, in fact.
- We've built exclusive access to the biggest database of restaurants and accommodation in all nine countries. Handy.
- We won the Nokia and World Bank Innovator of the Year Award 2012 in Africa.
- We're the first African company to be selected as a finalist in the iMedia Next Wave competition. Finals take place in Austin, Texas on 15 October 2012.
- We've just created Mimiboard. Google were so impressed they popped over for a case study.
- Mimiboard brought 763,000 visitors to our network in the first month.
How do we create value?
Our top priority is to build useful and engaging products. How?
Well, we find relevant local information...
We've built our team to effectively gives readers in every country relevant content, daily.
And then there's Mimiboard: designed so you can search and find relevant local information in your country, on your street.
We pass relevant local information to a community through a trusted brand...
Mimiboard technology gives our iPortals priceless local info from the ground, and our smart embedding technology allows media owners and community leaders to connect and gather info from all kinds of channels - SMS, Twitter, Mobile, Apps and more.
We create and monetize new models for Africa
We create perfect ecosystems that allow media organisations to build engaging communities on their current platforms, boosting attention and traffic. This fosters content creation and offers innovative, sustainable revenue models.
We give advertisers access to local and highly engaged communities
We offer rich engagement opportunities in nine African countries through our iPortals - like CPM, social, sponsorship, email and more. Our proprietary Mimiboard advertising platform allows hyper-local targeting across the Mimiboard network, reaching consumers through trusted local media brands.
Mimiboards and iPortals - a unique ecosystem
Our Mimiboards and iPortals work together to create an ecosystem, supporting each other with traffic and content. The more Mimiboards we have, the more hyper local content can be found through iPortals. And of course, the more iPortals we have across Africa, the more people discover and use Mimiboards, driving ad value and revenue.