|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R800000 - R850000 per year|
|Location:||United Arab Emirates, Dubai|
|Company:||ITP Media Group|
Job descriptionThe Art Editor will primarily be responsible for the design and visual identity of Conde Nast Traveller Middle East, as well as its extensions (print and digital). They will be part of a dynamic team that works closely together across all platforms and as such may be required to contribute to other areas of the brand. The position reports to the Editor-in-Chief, but the ideal candidate will be capable of good decision-making and self-supervising on a daily basis.
- Responsible for design and layout of the monthly magazine and any supplemental extensions.
- Responsible for ensuring the publication goes to press on time while maintaining the highest level of quality.
- In conjunction with the editor-in-chief, continue to evolve the look and feel to remain fresh and creative.
- Collaborate with the picture director in order to ensure the best image are used, within budget constraints.
- Responsible for fonts, graphics and other page furniture.
- Responsible for finding and commissioning illustrators.
- Work with the editor-in-chief and editorial team to ensure all content reflects overall content / editorial strategy and brand values.
- Be prepared to come up with creative moodboards for shoots as per the brief.
- Be able to logistically plan and manage a shoot from start to finish.
- Be able to think creatively about client collaborations, ensuring CNT’s visual identity is maintained while fulfilling client requirements.
- Ensure Condé Nast Traveller’s editorial standards are met, all relevant copyrights have been cleared and content meets local and legal guidelines.
- Work with the team to ensure that schedules are stuck to and that the work flow is managed in a way that works cohesively for every member of the team.
- Responsible for design of marketing/sales/event collaterals as relates to the brand, to ensure visual continuity across all our communication.
- Help out with visual feel of digital extensions – website, social channels, video details.
- Pitch in as needed on contributing to social channels or website.
- Work collaboratively with the team to ensure budgets are stuck to and wisely used.
- Work as an integrated member of a talented editorial team. Contribute to other brand extensions as needed and required by your manager.
- Embrace Condé Nast Traveller’s digital-first philosophy.
- Act as an effective brand ambassador for Condé Nast Traveller and an evangelist for our brand in the market.
- Undertake reviews or attend events outside of office hours, if needed.
RequirementsPersonal attributes and essential skills
- Is excited by editorial design.
- Demonstrated ability to design a monthly publication, and its extensions, to the highest quality as a one-(wo)man band.
- Demonstrated creative streak.
- Excellent grasp of luxury/lifestyle titles and that space.
- Keen enthusiasm for typography and graphics.
- A great respect for brand and willingness to learn everything about it in order to perform at the highest level.
- The ability to design at the highest editorial standards.
- Strong organisational ability and a knack for prioritising accordingly.
- Experience working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Highest standard of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and a professional approach at all times.
- Be willing to take on projects beyond the usual with a positive attitude.
- An understanding that compromise is a necessary part of the job.
- The ability to self-supervise in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a dynamic team-based environment. A collaborative approach is essential.
- A strong industry reputation. (desired)
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent industry qualification.
- Be able to come up with creative ideas and execute accordingly
- Be a team player and a collaborator
- A positive attitude
- Think BIG
- Have excellent relationship-building skills
- Have a high sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- Adhoc projects as required
- Assisting in raising the profile of Condé Nast Traveller and ITP Media Group
- Any other reasonable requests from company directors
- Positive visual brand recognition
- High-level of consistency and creativity
Posted on 15 Oct 14:57
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)