|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central|
Afda, The School for the Creative Economy, is a leading private higher education institution offering fully accredited and registered undergraduate and postgraduate degrees as well as higher certificates which are outcomes-based. The programmes are focused on the creative, entertainment, business, and related industries, and are offered across four campuses in South Africa. Afda is a full member of CILECT, an international association of the world's major film and television schools and is proudly part of Stadio Multiversity.
Afda is registered as The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate no. 2001/HE07/012.
Applications are invited for the position of librarian.
Afda is looking for a librarian on our Port Elizabeth campus, who will contribute to improved teaching and learning through the effective management of the campus resource centre. The Afda resource centre provides staff and student access to online course material and documentation, books, DVDs, online journals and eBooks, and computer facilities.
The following duties are expected to be fulfilled
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of a library catalogue.
- Supervise and support the work of any assistants
- Assist students in accessing library resources and services.
- Oversee day-to-day library operations.
- Maintain discipline – library protocol and an academic atmosphere to stimulate research in the resource centre.
- Asset management of the centre, including records of library loans, liaising with colleagues to maintain computers and access control systems, and taking stock of library assets.
- Assist with data capturing on student feedback.
- Assist on open days.
- Reports to line manager on facilities, services, and quarterly stock take.
- Assist students in developing language, reading, writing, and research skills.
- Assist the production course department with academic development.
- Support students and staff on research enquiries in the library.
- Consult with students – when requested or identified as needed.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a librarian.
- A national diploma in library and information sciences, a B-Tech degree, or equivalent.
- Exceptional computer literacy (advance Excel, internet research, email, MS Word, PowerPoint, MS Projects 2010), and familiarity with library technology and software.
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- Maturity to handle a range of situations.
- A meticulous and thorough nature.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality.
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence in education.
- Respectful and open to learning and guidance.
- Culturally aware and sensitive.
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- three references
Start date: January 2019.
Posted on 06 Dec 11:30
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)