|Get jobs on your |
Production Course Lecturer/Administrator
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Port Elizabeth, Central|
Afda, The School for the Creative Economy, is a leading private higher education institution offering fully accredited and registered undergraduate and postgraduate degrees as well as higher certificates which are outcomes-based. The programmes are focused on the creative, entertainment, business, and related industries, and are offered across four campuses in South Africa. Afda is a full member of CILECT, an international association of the world's major film and television schools and is proudly part of Stadio Multiversity.
Afda is registered as The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate no. 2001/HE07/012.
Applications are invited for the position of production course lecturer and administrator.
As the production course lecturer and administrator, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students in their production course modules. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of theory and application across all the schools within the undergraduate class. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at Afda. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable local creative entertainment industry.
- Lecturing first, second, and third-year degree students on production course modules: narrative, performance, medium, aesthetics, and control
- Administration of group feedback sessions: concept pitches, pre-production presentations, and final review
- Assessment of written and practical work across the undergraduate school
- Management of the online Learning and communications platform - my.afda - for production course
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Providing administrative support to the head of the production course department
- Attendance registers, class management, and tutorial administration
- Timetable planning
- Relevant honours, master’s or equivalent degree in film, television, live performance, and/or media studies
- At least five years’ experience in the film and entertainment industry
- Exceptionally strong administrative skills
- Computer literacy
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence
- Culturally aware and sensitive
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- three references
Start date: January 2019.
Posted on 06 Dec 11:11
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)