|Get jobs on your |
Film Scriptwriting Lecturer
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central|
Afda, The School for the Creative Economy, is a leading private higher education institution offering fully accredited and registered undergraduate and postgraduate degrees as well as higher certificates which are outcomes-based. The programmes are focused on the creative, entertainment, business, and related industries, and are offered across four campuses in South Africa. Afda is a full member of CILECT, an international association of the world's major film and television schools and is proudly part of Stadio Multiversity.
Afda is registered as The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate no. 2001/HE07/012.
Applications are invited for the position of film scriptwriting lecturer.
As a discipline lecturer for film scriptwriting, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture, assess, and provide support to undergraduate students. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of creative fiction for the big screen.
The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at Afda. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching and so the need to help the students identify and develop their own distinctive voice. In this way we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and a sustainable African film industry.
The teaching will comprise of:
- The basics of narrative development and story structure, including both the three act structure, major turning points theory, and the Afda engagement/explosive theme bundling process
- Character development and emotional engagement
- Effective dialogue writing
- Lecturing undergraduate film students at BA degree level
- Conducting scriptwriting masterclasses across various Afda courses and year groups
- Script reviews for productions and writing workshops
- Assessment panel participation for narrative component on student projects
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Producing written materials according to campus needs as requested by the registrar and Dean's office
- Proofreading documentation as requested by registrar and Dean's office
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Assessment registration for the term’s assessments
- Attendance registers and class management administration
- Timetable planning
- At least five years’ experience in the film and entertainment industry in scriptwriting and/or script editing
- An honours, master's or equivalent qualification in writing, film and/or media studies with specialisation in scriptwriting
- Three to five years' experience in tertiary education
- Computer literacy
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence
- Culturally aware and sensitive.
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- three references
Start date: January 2019.
Posted on 06 Dec 10:50
- Producing Lecturer, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central, AFDA
- Production Course Lecturer/Administrator, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Port Elizabeth, Central, AFDA
- Production Designer Lecturer, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central, AFDA
- Screen Acting Lecturer, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Old Museum Building, AFDA
- Directing Lecturer, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central, AFDA
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)