|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central|
Afda, The School for the Creative Economy, is a leading private higher education institution offering fully accredited and registered undergraduate and postgraduate degrees as well as higher certificates which are outcomes-based. The programmes are focused on the creative, entertainment, business, and related industries, and are offered across four campuses in South Africa. Afda is a full member of CILECT, an international association of the world's major film and television schools and is proudly part of Stadio Multiversity.
Afda is registered as The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate no. 2001/HE07/012.
Applications are invited for the position of junior film directing lecturer.
As the discipline lecturer for first-year film directing, Afda is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students. The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate and teach students both the practical skills required of a film director, but also guide them into the world of directing for the screen. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace Afda’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching and socialised learning at Afda. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable local film industry.
- Lecturing and facilitating workshops for first-year film directors and assisting with second-year directors within the school of film, in accordance with Afda’s pedagogy.
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term and assessment registration for the term’s assessments.
- Evaluate directing students’ written and practical work.
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings.
- Deliver the required administrative work for the directing department including attendance registers, class management administration and time table planning.
- Attend meetings with counter-parts to ensure parity across all campuses on term outcomes.
- Curriculum development.
- At least three years’ experience in the film and entertainment industry, or practical experience of directing for film.
- Relevant honours degree or equivalent qualification in film, television, live performance, and/or media studies.
- Computer literate and admin skills.
- Highly developed organisational skills.
- Maturity to handle a range of situations.
- A meticulous and thorough nature.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality.
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to high integrity of excellence.
- Culturally aware and sensitive.
- Sound work ethics.
- Focus, passion, self-discipline.
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- three references
Start date: January 2019.
Posted on 06 Dec 10:35
- Producing Lecturer, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central, AFDA
- Production Course Lecturer/Administrator, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Port Elizabeth, Central, AFDA
- Production Designer Lecturer, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central, AFDA
- Screen Acting Lecturer, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Old Museum Building, AFDA
- Film Scriptwriting Lecturer, Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central, AFDA
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)