|Get jobs on your |
Junior Network Systems Engineer
|Location:||Durban, Kloof Durban|
Job descriptionWe at Iconic Code are looking for a dynamic network systems engineer who is able to run domain controllers, hosting environments, PABX systems and fibre endpoints. You should have strong experience of C#/web development experience.
Requirements of the role:
- Regularly attend in-house training used to provide both formal and informal instruction in regard to operations, engineering technology, and security.
- Monitor the network operations environment and promote situational awareness among NOC personnel.
- Support and, at times, independently lead administration efforts regarding communications systems, ticketing database content, network management platforms, and shared logging applications.
- Support project efforts regarding these systems.
- Maintain tickets according to established guidelines, standards, and procedures.
- Ensure all content accurately reflects all incident response efforts.
- Work with senior engineers to determine the next-steps involved in incident response.
- Support and, at times, independently conduct change management (CM) activity pertaining to operational networks, systems, and equipment using established tools and processes.
- Complete assigned CM tasking and documents all efforts within documentation systems.
- Independently monitor network management system (NMS) platforms to ensure the health of operational services, networks, devices, and components.
- You may, at times, be tasked with performing independent NMS administrative functions.
- Continually study and perform, on the job, standard operating procedures with the goal of attaining mastery.
- You will be responsible for incident response, both proactively and reactively, as a result of network, system, or service anomalies.
- Support and, at times, independently manage the fault isolation and resolution process.
- As related to incident response, support all planning and response efforts and independently lead communication, often working with external work centres, vendors, and customers.
RequirementsMust have skills:
- Mikrotek routers
- Microsoft Networking technologies
- Windows Server(2003 to 2016),
- Exchange and Office 365
- Active Directory Infrastructure incl. group policies etc.
- Virtualization experience
- Hyper-V/VMWare and associated SAN’s
- Scripting (PowerShell, VBScript) knowledge
- LAMP stacks
Join a fun interactive team of developers and learn and enjoy developing and running some extremely interesting projects!
Posted on 17 Jul 10:01