- Global survey reveals directors' top concerns
- Stoned staff? What are employers' rights regarding weed in the workplace?
- Court denies Radebe's appeal over removal from Transnet board
|Get jobs on your |
Job descriptionWe are looking for a Public Relations (PR) and Activations Manager to organize and oversee PR and marketing activities and ensure effective communication with stakeholders, media, and the public.
As a PR and Activations Manager, you should be an organised and cool-tempered professional who is able to handle a crisis and solve problems. Your goal will be to cultivate a positive company image. We expect you to have a creative mind and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If you are confident in your public-speaking and project-management abilities, we’d like to meet you.
We are rocking, real, and relevant and our official positioning is Sihamba Phansi.
Log on to our website: www.massivmetro.com for more on the rocking, real and relevant station and visit www.massivmetro.com/work-for-us to apply.
Public Relations and Activations Manager responsibilities include
- Developing PR strategies and campaigns
- Preparing press releases, keynote speeches and promotional material
- Building positive relationships with stakeholders, media and the public
- Develop PR campaigns and media relations strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. marketing) and maintain open communication with senior management
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Prepare and distribute press releases
- Organize PR events (e.g. open days, press conferences) and serve as the company’s spokesperson
- Seek opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties
- Track media coverage and follow industry trends
- Prepare and submit PR reports
- Manage PR issues
Company DescriptionMassiv Metro is an urban radio station delivering authentic content and music to the commuter market in Johannesburg. The station’s audience consists of taxi drivers, commuters, students, workers and community leaders. From early morning to late at night, commuters at taxi ranks and en route to their destinations are entertained with a mix of music and content that pleases their soul, speaks to their lifestyle and culture, appreciates their home language and communicates with sophistication, relevance and ease.
Massiv Metro is a ‘positive vibes’ station, real and in touch with conversations that resonate with the people. Massiv Metro celebrates African tradition, heritage and cultural relevance. This is a South African station, conscious of its position in Africa and appreciative of what makes Africa special.
Requirements• Proven experience as a Public Relations Officer or similar PR role
• Experience managing media relations (online, broadcast and print)
• Background in researching, writing and editing publications
• Proficient in MS Office and social media
• Familiarity with project management software and video/photo editing is a plus
• Strong communication ability (oral and written)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
• BSc/BA in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related field
Posted on 12 Sep 12:42
Get job alerts for Activations jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)