|Get jobs on your |
IT Quality Test Analyst
Job descriptionWe have a role available in the Information Technology Department for an experienced IT Quality Test Analyst who enjoys working in an energetic and stimulating working environment. The purpose of the role is to create and execute test cases, document, track and validate reported issues through to resolution. The IT Quality Test Analyst will also be responsible for ensuring a quality product is delivered to the end user.
RequirementsKey Performance Areas:
- Identifying the objectives of testing and the specification of test activities in order to meet the project objectives.
- Integrating and coordinating the testing activities into the software life cycle activities.
- Defining the amount, level of detail and templates for the test documentation.
- Setting the level of detail for test procedures in order to provide enough information to support reproducible test preparation and execution.
- Determine the activities required to successfully meet the objectives of the project.
- Making decisions about what to test, what roles will perform the test activities, how the test activities should be done, and how the test results will be evaluated.
- Scheduling test case analysis and design.
- Scheduling test execution.
- Monitor testing activities throughout the project.
- Reviewing the test basis (such as requirements, design, and interface specifications).
- Evaluating testability of the test basis and test objects.
- Identifying and prioritising test conditions based on analysis of test items, the specification, behaviour and structure of the software.
- Designing and prioritizing high level test cases.
- Identifying necessary test data to support the test conditions and test cases.
- Designing the test environment set-up and identifying any required infrastructure and tools.
- Creating bi-directional traceability between test basis and test cases.
- Finalising, implementing and prioritising test cases (including the identification of test data).
- Developing and prioritising test procedures, creating test.
- Creating test suites from the test procedures for efficient test execution.
- Verifying that the test environment has been set up correctly.
- Executing test procedures according to the planned sequence (functional testing).
- Logging the outcome of test execution and recording the test results.
- Comparing actual results with expected results.
- Reporting discrepancies as defects and analysing them in order to establish their cause (e.g. a defect in the code, in specified test data, in the test document, or a mistake in the way the test was executed).
- Repeating test activities as a result of action taken for each discrepancy, for example, re-execution of a test that previously failed in order to confirm a fix (confirmation testing).
- Execution of a corrected test and/or execution of tests in order to ensure that defects have not been introduced in unchanged areas of the software or that defect fixing did not uncover other defects (regression testing).
- Assessing the test execution against the defined objectives for each level of testing to determine if enough testing has been done.
- Checking if defects raised have been resolved, confirmation tested, or are outstanding.
- Checking which planned deliverables have been delivered (post implementation testing).
- Documenting the acceptance of the system.
- Finalising and archiving test results for later reuse.
- Analysing lessons learned to determine changes needed for future releases and projects.
- Using the information gathered to improve test maturity.
- Three-year tertiary qualification in a relevant financial/IT related field of study.
- ISEB Foundation Certification in Software Testing.
- Four years in a similar role in a formal software testing environment.
- Proven track record of testing complex user interfaces.
- Thorough experience and understanding of structured test methods and processes.
- Knowledge of test types (System Integration Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance Testing).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Manual Testing.
- Experience of testing Database Applications produced using SQL Server, .Net, C#.
- Experience with test management tools (from test case management through to defect tracking). For example HP Quality Centre, MS Test Manager.
- Proficient in SQL 2013.
- Must understand client / server architecture.
- Must be comfortable working in a Microsoft development (.NET) environment.
- Quality and Detail Orientation
- Planning and Organising
- Information Gathering and Problem Analysis
The closing date for the position is Friday,18 May 2018.
Posted on 14 May 08:25
Capfin is the South African brand of the global Southern View Finance (SVF) group of companies, based in the northern suburbs of the Western Cape. The SVF Group of companies conducts an international unsecured lending business, offering technologically driven, responsible and friendly loan products to the mass market.
|Recent jobs by Capfin||City||Date posted|
|Senior Business Intelligence Analyst||Cape Town||24 May 12:53|
|Compliance Officer||Cape Town||24 May 12:52|
|Operations/Systems Manager||Cape Town||17 May 12:15|
|IT Quality Test Analyst||Cape Town||14 May 08:25|
|Junior IT Quality Test Analyst - Automation||Cape Town||08 May 10:14|
|Lead Business Analyst||Cape Town||08 May 07:32|
|Senior Business Analyst||Cape Town||08 May 07:31|
|Junior Business Analyst||Cape Town||08 May 07:30|
Get job alerts for Test Analyst jobs
- Senior Test Analyst, Cape Town, Welgemoed, Datafin
- Test Analyst, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, MPRTC Recruitment
- Junior IT Quality Test Analyst - Automation, Cape Town, Capfin
- Junior Tester, Cape Town, Liquorice
- Vehicle Tester, Cape Town, Epping
- Intermediate Software Mobile Tester, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Mobile/Web Tester, Cape Town, Cardilogix
- Mobile Tester, Cape Town, Cardilogix
- QA Tester, Cape Town, Cardilogix