- Global survey reveals directors' top concerns
- Stoned staff? What are employers' rights regarding weed in the workplace?
- Court denies Radebe's appeal over removal from Transnet board
|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, Northern Suburbs|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
Job descriptionThe Programme Manager is responsible for managing the organisation programme plan, ensuring that coordination among Product Owners and teams is carried out effectively and leading the disciplines of Product Ownership and Business Analysis within the organisation.
This role manages the relationship between business and IT. The Programme Manager is a mentor and coach to Product Owners in business and IT, building the agile maturity of the organisation. This role is responsible for recruiting into the BA discipline for the scrum teams and enhancing the business analysis quality and capability in teams. This role is also a mentor and coach to Business Analysts within the scrum teams, ensuring quality and standards are appropriate and achieved. The Programme Manager is a key influencer in building the agile maturity within the scrum teams.
The Programme Manager through the programme planning process ensures that all impact and risks are understood, good planning and design is in place and that dependencies between team backlogs are understood. The Programme Manager drives the strategic project agenda within the organisation and builds relationships within the team, communicating the purpose, benefits, and risks of projects, ensuring coordination between the various teams and business units.
RequirementsKey Performance Areas:
Business Analysis requirements
- Lead the business analysis discipline in Capfin.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of business analysis policies, processes and procedures in accordance with industry best practices, moulded to the Capfin context.
- Design, implementation and the maintenance of business analyses documentation templates and standards in collaboration with the IT team and business.
- Oversee the design, implementation and maintenance of processes to elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Oversee the communication and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements.
- Ensure focus and the right level of documentation to create clarity in the required timeframe before the build sprint begins.
- Oversee the delivery of the following as needed: Business Requirement documentation, Business requirement specifications, Functional specifications, User Stories, Use Cases (if required), Screen and Interface designs, integration design, in accordance with the change control process.
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of various business units and ensure knowledge sharing within the team.
- Build depth and breadth of knowledge of Capfin systems and business processes within the BA discipline.
- Manage the interrelationship between the business as usual and strategic initiatives
- Manage the company programme plan for strategic projects and the inter-relationship of projects between the various teams.
- Project assurance. Provide project management guidance, coaching and mentorship.
- Manage stakeholder expectations.
- Lead, manage and effect organisational change within IT and the business. Apply sound change management principles.
- Lead and coach the BA discipline in agile and scrum principles.
- Measure and manage project benefit and closure.
- Manage specific cross functional projects.
- Create visibility and measure department operational performance metrics to demonstrate the current state and continuous improvement of the BA discipline and operational performance.
- Manage the reporting and measures on the programme plan.
- Develop effective project and sprint delivery measures in collaboration with the BI, Software Change and Test Centre of excellence areas.
- Measure the value and effectiveness of project and sprint delivery into business and provide regular reporting on this.
- Measurement and reporting of engagement and effectiveness of the BA function within IT and business.
- Measure and manage change initiates within the department.
- Provide feedback to the IT Executive weekly with a monthly review of operational measures.
- Provide Product Owner discipline leadership. Coaching and mentoring Product Owners. Building the discipline within the organisation.
- Leadership with a positive narrative, the ability to influence the narrative of the IT team, creating a positive way forward.
- Lead and direct operational activities and priorities within the department. Lead with a servant-based leadership approach. Empower the BA discipline to achieve its goals and help/support/coach/direct each BA to reach their full potential at Capfin in delivering value.
- Contribution as a member of the Capfin IT leadership team. Actively building a high performing team with peers.
- Build and develop engaged Capfin culture within the department. Living the values, promoting them within the teams, gathering and telling good stories of where the value shave been lived and calling it out where not. Empowering others to live the Capfin way.
- Identify growth, training and development needs within the BA discipline. Career development pathing and planning.
- Quality input into IT division budgets and forecasts.
- Manage the budget and resourcing. Planning, tracking and running the recruitment process with the People Support department.
- Safe keeping of Departmental assets.
- Overseeing the ICT procurement process within the BA and Product Owner areas.
- Tertiary technical qualification, BCom Info Sys, BSc IT, N Dip IT, BTech IT or similar.
- Seven years' business analysis experience (SDLC/ALM experience using SCRUM and Project management experience).
- Three years' senior management experience.
- Programme management and project management.
- The Scrum Framework.
- Build a high performing engaged BA discipline within the IT team.
- Foster strong relationships with business and peers.
- Be part of, contribute towards and help build a high performing IT leadership team.
- Deal with, and manage change.
- Leadership and influence of Product Owners.
- Liaise and have built strong relationships business.
- Advise and make recommendations regarding industry best practices given the Capfin context.
- Confidence and Decisiveness.
- Persuading and Influencing.
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks.
Posted on 12 Sep 10:54
Capfin is the South African brand of the global Southern View Finance (SVF) group of companies, based in the northern suburbs of the Western Cape. The SVF Group of companies conducts an international unsecured lending business, offering technologically driven, responsible and friendly loan products to the mass market.
|Recent jobs by Capfin||City||Date posted|
|Programme Manager||Cape Town||12 Sep 10:54|
|Head of Data/Analytics||Cape||11 Sep 15:45|