|Get jobs on your |
Junior Data Scientist/Data Analyst - Big Data
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Company:||e-Merge It Recruitment|
Job descriptionYou will be working closely with data entrepreneurs and technology leaders, play a key role in the creation of the Big Data capability. Innovate, design, build and test applications that deliver analytical and predictive content direct to users, combining commercial, analytical and technological expertise.
- Coding/software development skills. Strong mathematical and statistical skills.
- Knowledge of information technology environments, administration, policies and processes. Working knowledge of financial and management accounting desirable
- Scala (preferred), Python, Java (as a precursor to learning Scala) including the key numerical, analytical and machine learning libraries
- SQL , R (desirable), Octave/Matlab
- Apache Spark (preferred), Hadoop, Scalding
- Linux/Unix. Bash. Git. SBT/Maven
- BSc, B.Com, BEng, B. Bus Sci (Hon or MSC level)
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or engineering
- Two years' analytics, modelling or software development experience / If the candidate is fresh from university, he/she should have done a technical research project where they built a system / analysis in one of the above mentioned languages or a tool like Matlab or SAS
- Understanding of and experience of applying machine learning methods preferable
- Understanding of and experience of using Big Data technologies preferable
Reference Number for this position is LV41075 which is a permanent position based in Cape Town offering a salary negotiable on experience.
The time for change is now! e-Merge IT recruitment are specialist niche recruiters with a wide range of positions available. We offer researched positions with top companies to strong technical candidates. Email Liza on or call her on 011 463 3633 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Check out our website www.e-merge.co.za for more positions that might be right for you!
Do you have a friend who is a technology specialist? We pay big cash to you if we place a friend that you sent us!
If you haven’t heard from e-Merge IT within two weeks of your application, please consider it unsuccessful for this position.
Posted on 15 May 11:59
Liza Van Den Berg