|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
A private game reserve seeks the services of a fully qualified Game Ranger to join their team.
A FGASA level one or twp qualification or higher with theory and practical completed.
Registered with DEAT and THETA in terms of improving qualifications.
Full Trails guide certificate.
Valid first aid certificate.
Able to work shifts.
Possible live in position.
A valid South African Code 8 Driver's license and PDP.
Excellent communication and people handling skills.
Co-operative - and keen to work with the balance of the team in the interests of the lodge and the guests.
Preferably bilingual - English Afrikaans.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Escort guests on game drives in open game drive vehicles
- Be on time for every game drive
- If any changes need to be made to any drive, the ranger must get permission from the head ranger and inform him of the exact changes
- Do not use any vehicle that is not assigned to him/her
- Make every effort to find the guests before leaving on the drive
- Interpret whatever the guests might see or encounter on their drive
- Answer as far as possible all the questions that a guest might have, no matter how trivial the question might seem
- Ensure the guests safety at all times and not expose the guests to any situation that night place their lives in danger or make them feel uncomfortable
- Assist the guests in having a memorable African experience and to try educate them on how important our wildlife heritage is and how important it is that we all stand together and protect it, not only when in nature reserve, but also in their everyday lives
Posted on 05 Nov 15:24