|Get jobs on your |
Assistant General Manager
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||The Forum Company|
Job descriptionThe Forum company is looking for a young dynamic, driven, flexible individual, with leadership skills to manage the day to day operations of an award-winning conference and event venue. Ideally, the candidate would have experience in a five-star venue, lodge, or hotel.
- Oversee the day to day operations of a venue including banqueting, catering and sales.
- Provide support and guidance to the sales co-coordinators to ensure sales targets are met.
- Engage with potential clients on-site inspections and events to building relationships.
- Ensure service excellence at every touchpoint of customer interaction.
- Ensure there are relevant legally compliant HR practices in place, provide support and guidance to other line managers.
- Liaise with HR department with regards to all staff related matters, including monthly payroll.
- Manage staff, plan duty rosters
- Ensure that the venue is maintained to the highest standard.
- Liaison with leaseholder on maintenance and other issues.
- Ensure food and beverage margins are met and that controls are in place and adhered to for stock and operational equipment.
- Provide weekly report to the MD on sales, staffing and clients.
- Ensuring that operational budgets are in place and controlled effectively.
- Collating and analysing the revenue generation trends in conferencing, in order to identify critical areas for revenue enhancement.
- Ensure compliance to Health, hygiene, housekeeping and customer service standards.
- Apply and supervise best staffing practices on an ongoing basis to all staff.
- Tertiary diploma/degree - hospitality management
- Four to six years of assistant general manager level experience within the hospitality sector.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage and Rooms Division knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of labour legislation and disciplinary procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications
- Strong people manager and have solid financial experience.
- Effective relationship management skills to be able to inspire confidence across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Strong verbal and written English.
- Excellent management ability and communication skill.
- Emotionally intelligent and able to read and respond to any situation.
Posted on 05 Nov 14:30