- Equity Amendment Bill pushes workplace transformation agenda
- Global survey reveals directors' top concerns
- Stoned staff? What are employers' rights regarding weed in the workplace?
|Get jobs on your |
Hotel General Manager
|Remuneration:||R18000 - R21000 per month Cost to company|
We require a Manager to be responsible for the hands on management of property operations on a day to day basis to assure optimum performance and continual improvement. The Manager will coordinate, direct and manage the staff and everyday hotel operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company, assuring 100% guest satisfaction.
A successful candidate will possess appropriate hospitality qualifications, have a minimum three years related hospitality management experience and have:
- Valid Drivers License
- Own Vehicle
- A friendly demeanour
- The ability to be calm and direct in a stressful situation and being able to communicate with many different types of people.
- The ability to motivate employees, resolve issues and complaints from guests.
- Excellent listening skills, especially with guests. Making sure that guests are happy and that staff is getting what they need to do their job is crucial.
- The ability to work with budgets, plan, create schedules and supervise operations.
- The ability to organise multiple projects; manage and prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- A sound knowledge of computers and software, including the ability to use e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software. (Protel and Procure advantageous)
- The ability to think quickly and solve problems.
Full Job Description:
Under the direction of the Group Management, the General Manager is responsible for the management on a day to day basis to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas (guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control.)
The General Manager coordinates, directs and manages the staff and everyday reserve operations to achieve profitability, guest satisfaction and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the company assuring 100% guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Demonstrate and promote a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
- Responsible for maximizing revenues and flow through to GOP to meet or exceed budgeted EBITDA.
- Responsible for preparation of property budget and forecasts.
- Manage labour standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow through to the bottom line profit.
- Explain and manage financial activities. Reconcile all financial accounts.
- Monitor collection of in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund payments.
- Participate in and monitor monthly inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Ensure purchases made are within budget and by approved vendors.
- Work with Group Management to manage all sales activities of the property and meet revenue objectives. Activities include setting goals, completing competitive surveys, taking reservations and compiling reports.
- Make sales calls as outlined by the Sales Management Teams and/or the Group Management.
- Identify and seek out potential business in local market. Maintain relationships with local companies and key people to increase visibility within the local market.
- Coordinate and implement local sales and marketing activities of the property.
- Promote 100% guest satisfaction throughout property. Instill the 100% guest satisfaction objective to employees and casual staff.
- Ensure that all guest related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with the company’s goals and objectives.
- Recruit qualified applicants. Train employees in accordance with company standards.
- Motivate and give direction to all employees.
- Communicate all policies and procedures to entire staff.
- Conduct regular meetings to provide up to date information, including company communications, policy reviews, local property activities, goals, etc.
- Ensure compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Manage employee personnel forms, including hiring, performance evaluations, payroll and benefits related information.
- Conduct coaching/counselling sessions; performance evaluations; prepare performance improvement plans, disciplinary documentation; conduct terminations.
- Ensure that employee related issues are resolved in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Mentor and develop Lodge Managers; provide learning opportunities by assigning new tasks in all general management responsibilities; evaluate strengths and weaknesses and provide training and on the job tasks to prepare assistants for senior management opportunities.
- Perform duties in all aspects of hotel operations whenever needed.
- Inspect and document repairs and cleanliness of property to ensure optimum upkeep and repair, room cleanliness and overall property appearance.
- Serve as “Manager on Duty”
- Provide other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties to ensure the optimum operation of the property.
GENERAL MANAGER SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly manage the Lodge Manager on a daily basis. Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to email@example.com
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 5 days – please consider your application unsuccessful**
To browse all our vacancies, please log on to our website – www.careercustodians.com
- Customer Care
- Hotel and Resort Management
Posted on 11 Sep 10:44
Career Custodians is a recruitment and talent management agency, specializing in the wellness, hospitality and tourism industry.
|Recent jobs by Career Custodians||City||Date posted|
|Reservations Consultant||Cape Town||21 Sep 11:56|
|Social Media Manager||Cape Town||21 Sep 10:07|
|Facilities Manager||Hermanus||18 Sep 15:37|
|Property Rental Administrator -||Cape Town||18 Sep 13:47|
|Laundry Attendants||Knysna||18 Sep 12:26|
|Housekeepers||Knysna||18 Sep 12:02|
|Medium Weight Designer||Cape Town||17 Sep 12:17|
|Hotel Receptionist - With Opera PMS - Knysna||Knysna||17 Sep 11:25|
|Commis Chef - Woodstock, Cape Town||Cape Town||12 Sep 10:29|
|Hotel Receptionist||Cape Town||12 Sep 09:59|