- Rapid Incubator set to boost young entrepreneurs
- What does the workplace of 2030 look like... and are you ready for it?
- Industrial action compromises power supply
|Get jobs on your |
Head of Financial Management
|Location:||Cape Town, Mowbray|
An innovative financial services company in Cape Town seeks a strong analytical and strategic Head of Financial Management to provide oversight of operational management of local, international, direct and indirect taxes. The ideal candidate must be qualified as a CA (SA) or equivalent, have specialist knowledge of IFRS, tax and regulatory environment and between three to five years’ experience as a financial manager - if this experience included working for a group of companies with foreign exposure it will prove hugely beneficial.
Operational management of direct and indirect taxes -
- Set policies to ensure the accurate and timeous submission of VAT and tax returns.
- Zero interest and penalties due by the company with regards to direct and indirect tax.
- Accurate reconciliation of VAT and Tax accounts to statements received from regulatory bodies.
- Liaise with external parties regarding optimal management of direct and indirect taxes.
- Set and maintain transfer pricing policy.
- Best practice Vat ruling in place.
- Responsible for the overall completion of the month end process and ensuring that all deadlines and deliverables are met accordingly.
- Responsible for management of adherence to all accounting reconciliations deadlines and completion of all controls for the group.
- Manage and deliver audit on time.
- External audit report with no material queries.
- Enforce accounting policies that comply with IFRS.
- Preparation and approval of IFRS position papers for internal and external purposes.
- Responsible for timeous delivery of group annual financial statements.
- Shareholder reporting in line with shareholder requirements.
- Regulatory financial compliance reporting (local and international).
- Responsible for the review and submission of the monthly and quarterly reporting requirements for the group.
- Responsible for submission of presentations for all key internal management meetings relating to financial performance and reporting requirements.
- Contribute to ensuring best practice finance structure in place.
- Ensure career development, engagement and succession for team.
- Independent G/L system.
- Develop and maintain group finance policies that are aligned to Shareholder requirements.
- Support provided to deputy of finance on ad hoc projects.
- Maintain external relationships with key suppliers and shareholders and ensure that all key deliverables are adhered to.
- Team management to ensure career development, engagement and succession.
- CA (SA) or equivalent.
- Specialist knowledge of IFRS, tax and regulatory environment.
- Minimum three to five years of experience as a financial manager of a group of companies with foreign exposure – highly advantageous.
- People management experience.
- Financial services or retail experience.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at all levels.
- Able to deliver accurate outputs.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 13 Jun 12:22
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
|Recent jobs by Datafin||City||Date posted|
|Junior .Net Developer||Cape Town||15 Jun 15:15|
|Siebel Developer||Cape Town||15 Jun 14:45|
|Data and Reporting Analyst||Cape Town||15 Jun 12:30|
|SEO Analyst||Cape Town||15 Jun 12:28|
|DoubleClick Technology Specialist||Cape Town||15 Jun 11:53|
|Business Analyst - Investments||Cape Town||15 Jun 11:53|
|Digital Copywriter||Cape Town||15 Jun 11:50|
|Paid Social Trader||Cape Town||15 Jun 11:47|
|Media Trader||Cape Town||15 Jun 11:46|
|Senior Android Developer||Pretoria||15 Jun 11:19|
Get job alerts for Financial Manager jobs
- Financial Manager - Rebates, Cape Town, CBD, MPRTC Recruitment
- Management Accountant, Cape Town
- Junior Accountant, Cape Town, Datafin
- Accountant, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Finance Business Partner, Cape Town, Mowbray, Datafin
- Senior Financial Accountant, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Trainee Accountant, CBD
- Qualified Accountant, Cape Town
- Accountant, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant, Cape Town, Woodstock, West Coast Personnel
- Management Accountant, Cape Town, Plattekloof, Datafin
- Accountant, West Coast, Laaiplek, West Coast Personnel
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, Elsies River, West Coast Personnel
- Senior Bookkeeper/Accountant, Cape Town, Century City, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant, Cape Town, Observatory, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant, Cape Town, Woodstock
- Cost Accountant, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, MPRTC Recruitment
- Temporary Accountant, Cape Town, Milnerton, Canal Walk, West Coast Personnel
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, Observatory
- SAIPA Accountant, Cape Town, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment