|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R12000 - R26000 per month Cost to company|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Design Quarter District|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Black Snow Group|
Job descriptionWe are looking for a financial officer to manage financial information by researching and analysing our accounts; prepare financial statements; assist with monthly project/job closes in both percentage of completion and completed contract revenue recognition.
The ideal candidate will have three-five years of experience in accounting. He/She must also have excellent written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to build relationships with co-workers.
- Works closely with production team and client service to understand the status of projects/jobs and determine what monthly revenue and associated costs may be recognised
- Analyse utilisation and productivity and guide business leaders appropriately in making decisions that meet the needs of the revenues targets
- Report client profit and loss projections to directors on a regular basis
- Develop full understanding of our accounting procedures by analyzing the current procedures and recommending any changes
- Prepares journal entries
- Oversee all agreements related to contracts, leases, etc.
- Oversee all supplier quotes and costings to project and tasks outputs
- Assists in preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the production module and from other departments
- Reviews batches for posting including but not limited to accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Provides administrative support for internal and external audits
- Performs account reconciliation on an ongoing or as needed basis
- Assists in Fixed Asset accounting
- Collates and records cash receipts
- Protects organisation's value by keeping information confidential.
Company DescriptionEstablished in October 2009, Black Snow Group is one of the top digitally-led branding and marketing companies in South Africa, servicing smart brands nationally and globally.
NB: Please append an electronic copy of your CV in an MS Word/PDF format.
- South African citizen
- Excellent writing, verbal and visual communication skills
- Proficiency in Pastel and MS Excel is a pre-requisite (will migrate to Xero)
- Company's books to Trial Balance
- A tertiary education is essential.
- At least a minimum three-five years' accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to break down important financial details and provide concise client-by-client accurate reporting and analysis to the MD
- Experience in negotiating client contracts (Service Level Agreements), and general knowledge of key agency disciplines: account management, project management, finance, and client estimating/budgeting
- Strong competence with Agency project management/financial reporting system
- Financial and budget control skills (high level)
If you have not heard back from us with in 14 working days, please note that your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on 05 Oct 16:00
NB: No Recruiters Please