- Maternity and the workplace - is it time to relook at best practice?
- When working from home is not all it's cut out to be
- Applications opened for SA female entrepreneur challenge
|Get jobs on your |
Accountant - CA
|Remuneration:||R389189 - R454054 per year|
|Benefits:||This is inclusive of a 7.5% company contribution to a Pension Fund|
|Location:||Cape Town, Atlantis|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||West Coast Persoonnel|
Engineering company seeks an accountant.
R389 189.20 - R454 054.20 per annum This is inclusive of a 7.5% company contribution to a Pension Fund.
- The accountant will report to the local finance manager and will ensure compliance with standards, procedures and internal controls, in line with group directives and local legislation for he accounting operations of the company, while keeping to the relevant timelines applicable to the finance function. Key responsibilities include the analysis, accounting and control of cost, along with the day to day operations of the financial function.
- Fulfil the delivery of correct and on-time financial reports and management accounts (cockpit), including schedules and variances.
- Inspect, analyze and fulfil the accounting of foreign currency and hedging transactions in SAP in adherence to IFRS.
- Fulfil proper custodianship of the accounting records of the company
- Develop good relationships with colleagues and external parties such as auditors, fiscal and governmental institutions
- Develop and fulfil the accounting function in compliance to legislation and group policy and procedures
- Ensure the existence of, and verify and execute reconciliations, schedules and support for all general ledger accounts
- Reconcile relevant sub-ledgers with General Ledger, e.g. Fixed Assets, Inventory, Debtors, Creditors and the CO-PA modules in SAP.
- Processing, reviewing and approving of General Ledger journals incl. monthly closing, payroll and adjustments.
- Processing of sales transactions timeously and accurately
- Processing of foreign exchange transactions in adherence to IFRS, incl. purchases, sales, payments and creditor reconciliations
- Daily flagging and processing of foreign currency and hedging transactions
- Loading of payments on banking platforms or manually as required
- Review creditor reconciliations and payment proposals
- Analyse, reconcile, substantiate, compile returns and comply with taxes and levies incl. Income Tax, Provisional Tax, VAT, PAYE etc.
- Analyse costing and accounting of inventory, reconciling and preparing schedules of raw materials, work in progress and final product
- Analyse product costing, customer order and service order setup in SAP before new projects start.
- Prepare financial information for all relevant parties like banks, government, insurers and auditors (e.g. SARS, DTI, Stats SA, BBBEE).
- Prepare statutory annual financial statements
- Comply with SAP Controlling (CO) and Financial (FI) modules procedures and the group internal control framework.
- Prepare weekly/monthly cash flow projections
- Monitor, scrutinise and ensure completeness of accruals
- Compilation and analysis of cost center and company financial information, reports, annual budgets and forecasts.
- Drive and execute the annual fixed asset verification process along with fixed asset accounting and capex reporting.
- Report daily to the Finance Manager and provide support to the corporate Finance department in Madrid.
- Degree and post Graduate degree in finance, cost accounting and tax
- Qualification as chartered accountant
- Expertise in IFRS
- Valid registration as a chartered accountant
- Proven knowledge of South African Income Tax and VAT
- Proven knowledge of management and cost accountant
- Minimum three to five years’ experience as an accountant,
- Experience of SAP FI, SAP CO and in the manufacturing industry,
- Previous experience obtained at a “Big 4” audit firm is highly preferred,
- Exposure to accounting, ideally with background in a multi-national company requiring high levels of responsibility, autonomy
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills,
- Excellent Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Working experience with a reputable ERP System is highly desired,
Posted on 10 Aug 08:53
Get job alerts for Accountant jobs
- Senior Fund Accountant - Securities Pricing, Cape Town, Northern Suburbs, MPRTC Recruitment
- Accountant - Bookkeeper, Cape Town, Muizenberg
- Management and Cost Accountant CA (SA) – SAP FI, SAP CO (Atlantis) R45, Cape Town, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant/CA, Cape Town, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Assistant Accountant, Cape Town, Bellville
- Accountant, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, Datafin
- Accountant, Cape Town, Maitland
- Accountant CA, Cape Town, Westlake, West Coast Personnel
- Management Accountant, Cape Town, Westlake
- Accountant, Cape Town, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, University Estate
- Senior Accountant, Cape Town