|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R12000 - R15000 per month Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, Muizenberg|
Job descriptionMain purpose of the role
- Works closely with the financial administrator to ensure timely processing of invoices and billing of receivables/refunds.
- Performs creditors and cash bookkeeping functions to ensure accurate accounting records.
RequirementsFunctional and technical competencies:
- Advanced computer literate i.e. Pastel, Excel, internet banking, MS Office.
- Operate basic office equipment.
- Understand call centre processes/procedure/technology.
- Understand and use general business principles and practices in executing daily work; know business model, products, services, customers, and the marketplace.
- Attention to detail – the ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently.
- Focus on quality – setting high-quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and to secure quality.
- Integrity – adherence to the standards, values, and rules of conduct associated with one’s position and the culture in which one operates. Being incorruptible.
- Controlling progress – the ability to control the progress of employee’s processes, tasks, or activities and of one’s own work and responsibilities.
- Problem analysis – the ability to detect problems, recognise important information and link various data; to trace potential causes and look for relevant details.
- Verbal expression – the ability to communicate in clear language and to adjust one’s use of language to the audience’s level.
- Result-orientedness – the ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives.
- Cooperation – the ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve a shared goal – even when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest.
- Planning and organising – the ability to determine goals and priorities and to assess the actions, time, and resources needed to achieve those goals.
- Discipline – the ability to adjust to existing rules, procedures, and policy. Finding reinforcement from the right authority when in doubt.
- Forming judgment – the ability to balance facts and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account.
- Listening skills – the ability to show one absorbs and understands important (non-) verbal information and to ask further questions when necessary.
- Customer orientation – the ability and willingness to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organisation’s costs and benefits into account.
- Conflict management – the ability to handle conflicting interests diplomatically and to help solve them.
- Sensitivity – being susceptible to the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and being aware of the influence of one’s own behaviour on them.
- Workmanship – independently carries out his/her work in accordance with professional standards of the profession. Is developing herself/himself in her professional field. Has a thorough knowledge of her/his field.
- Stress management – the ability to perform under pressure and adversity.
- Manages work activities and transactions with transparency and fairness.
- Develops project work plans with a thorough understanding of the functional are.
- Seeks clarification and direction from the manager, as required.
- Links information across individual work to form a comprehensive perspective.
- Analyses setbacks and seeks honest feedback to learn from mistakes.
- Develops solutions to recurring problems.
- Tertiary qualification in accounting.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the field.
Posted on 20 Jun 07:43
Get job alerts for Accountant jobs
- Accountant - Bookkeeper, Cape Town, Muizenberg
- Management and Cost Accountant CA (SA) – SAP FI, SAP CO (Atlantis) R45, Cape Town, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant/CA, Cape Town, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Assistant Accountant, Cape Town, Bellville
- Accountant - CA, Cape Town, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Accountant, Atlantis, West Coast Personnel
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, Datafin
- Accountant, Cape Town, Maitland
- Accountant CA, Cape Town, Westlake, West Coast Personnel
- Management Accountant, Cape Town, Westlake
- Accountant, Cape Town, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Financial Accountant, Cape Town, University Estate
- Senior Accountant, Cape Town