|Get jobs on your |
Student Affairs Officer
|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Port Elizabeth, 28 Bird Street, Central|
Afda, The School for the Creative Economy, is a leading private higher education institution offering fully accredited and registered undergraduate and postgraduate degrees as well as higher certificates which are outcomes-based. The programmes are focused on the creative, entertainment, business, and related industries, and are offered across four campuses in South Africa. Afda is a full member of CILECT, an international association of the world's major film and television schools and is proudly part of Stadio Multiversity.
Afda is registered as The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance, and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private higher education institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997. Registration Certificate no. 2001/HE07/012.
Applications are invited for the position of student affairs officer.
A position exists for the appointment of a student affairs officer to commence duty at the beginning of January 2019 or soon thereafter. Afda (The South African School of Motion Picture and Live Performance) is the leading film, television and live performance school in SA.
Afda is a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools, and chairs the Cilect African Regional Association of accredited film schools.
Afda offers accredited certificate, degree and postgraduate programs in motion picture production and in live performance.
The incumbent, reporting to the registrar, must be a dynamic, organised person with a proven management background as well as experience in administration. The ideal candidate will have at least a graduate degree and relevant experience ideally in the entertainment management industry, but not necessary.
- Student records
- Student development
- Statutory compliance
- Human resource assistant (leave records)
- Bursary requirements and submissions
- Section 24 manager – training committee
- Minute-taking secretarial duties for all appropriate meetings
- Liaison with all appropriate departments
- Graduate degree or equivalent in relevant field
- Relevant experience
- Online learning experience
- Writing and language editing skills
- Communication skills
- Administrative skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to change and new challenges
- Team working
- Excellent time and deadline management
- A positive attitude
- Commitment to the Afda values: passion, integrity, self-discipline, humility, and reliability
Please send the following to
- a CV (no certificates)
- email and telephone contact details
- three references
Posted on 06 Dec 10:44