|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Company:||AFDA Port Elizabeth|
Job descriptionAFDA Port Elizabeth
AFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film and television school in SA, and a full member of CILECT, the association of the world's major film and television schools. The AFDA values are passion, self-discipline, integrity, reliability and humility.
Lecturer in editing
As a discipline lecturer in editing, AFDA is looking for a committed and dedicated industry professional to lecture and provide support to undergraduate students. Our ideal candidate is proficient in both disciplines but suitably qualified candidates in either disciplines will also be considered.
The position requires someone with drive and initiative who is able to motivate students and guide them into the world of Editing. A knowledge of appropriate software is essential for both disciplines. The candidate needs to demonstrate a willingness to embrace AFDA’s unique pedagogy which is the basis of the interdisciplinary teaching at AFDA. There is also a strong emphasis on cultural relevance within the teaching, and the need to help the students identify and develop a distinctive African voice to their productions. In this way we hope to be able to contribute to nation building and build the foundations for a sustainable local film industry.
- Lecturing first, second and third year degree students
- Conducting student consultations and reflective meetings
- Preparing content and lesson plans for each term
- Preparing assessment registrations, task sheets and assessment rubrics for the term’s assessments.
- Working with counter-parts to ensure parity across all campuses on term outcomes
- Attendance registers and class management administration
- Timetable planning
- Curriculum development
- Email and telephone contact details
- Three references
Type: Full-time fixed-term contract
Campus location: 28 Bird Street, Central, Port Elizabeth, 6001
Start date: July 2018
Salary: Negotiable on experience and appropriate qualification
RequirementsRequirements and Personal Attributes:
- At least five years’ experience in the film and entertainment industry.
- Relevant Master’s degree or Honours degree in film and/or media studies with specialisation in editing
- Computer literacy
- Highly developed skills and expertise in Adobe: Premiere Pro, Adobe: After Effects, Photoshop and Nuke
- Operation and set up of green screen shoots
- Advanced compositing and motion tracking
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Maturity to handle a range of situations
- A meticulous and thorough nature
- An ability to work to tight deadlines
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality
- Honest and trustworthy – committed to the high integrity of excellence
- Culturally aware and sensitive
Posted on 29 Jun 14:07