- How to improve driver and fleet manager relationships
- How does the proposed minimum compare to a fair salary?
- The importance of Permanent Residency to your expatriate / HR strategy
|Get jobs on your |
Fashion Studio Construction Lecturer
|Company:||Vega School - Durban Campus|
Job descriptionFashion Studio Construction Lecturer - Independent Contractor (July 2018 to December 2018) - FSC-IC-DBN
Applications accepted until:2018-06-05
Number of Openings:1
Campus/Business Unit:Vega School - Durban Campus
Direct Reporting Line:Vice Principal - Teaching & Learning
- Students learn to interpret concepts through constructing patterns and garments, gaining knowledge of construction principles and techniques in the process. They develop their pattern construction and sewing skills and are introduced to the principles of grading.
- Masters in Fashion Design (MA or MTech) OR Masters in Fashion Production (MTech) OR Masters in Consumer Science (MCom) OR An Honours in Fashion Design OR Honours in Fashion Production OR Honours in Consumer Science.
- A professional portfolio is required that demonstrates advanced garment and pattern construction and pattern grading skills. Candidate must be competent in constructing corsets and evening wear.
- Prior teaching or tutoring experience in garment construction, sewing and/or pattern construction and pattern grading is an advantage.
- Should ideally have experience working as a garment technologist or have made garments for clients, although not essential
- Should ideally have experience working as a pattern maker/technologist or have made patterns for a designer or clients.
- Lecturing and academic delivery to ensure students are guided and supported in their learning to achieve module outcomes.
- Campus Environment
- Preferably equity candidate.
Please note that ONLY candidates who meet the requirements will be considered for this role. Only successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of applying. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of applying consider your application unsuccessful. Login
Posted on 16 May 10:39