|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Cape Town, City Bowl and surrounds|
Job descriptionEclectica Gallery in Gardens/CBD in Cape Town is seeking a motivated individual to join the gallery team. The successful applicant will be responsible for various tasks in the gallery assisting the gallery director.
Days/week: Four days a week, First Thursday, alternate weekends.
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, pro-active, free thinking individual with a sales personality; who is also hard-working and likes to try out new ideas.
Roles and responsibilities (in order of priority)
- Gallery sales and client relations
- Sourcing quotes local or international courier
- Assisting with rotation of artworks and setting up exhibitions
- Research new artists and planning of future exhibitions
- Assisting with installation and deinstallation of exhibitions, including handling and packing of artworks
- Assisting during exhibition openings and events and available every First Thursday
Please send your CV, a cover letter, two references and a copy of your ID to ............ with the subject line:
Deadline for applications: 26 April 2018.
- Fine Art or Visual Communications Degree/ Diploma
- Experience working in a gallery or similar creative industry
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop
- Photography skills a plus
- Video skills a plus
- Own transport and flexible hours
Posted on 09 Apr 10:58