|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Location:||Johannesburg, Kramerville, Sandton|
Job descriptionDécor lover? Eye for design? Spirited? Determined? Resilient?
We are looking for a highly creative, gifted and enthusiastic individual to join our décor styling team - someone who works well under pressure has grit and can thrive in an atmosphere of design excellence. Our industry is fast paced and highly pressurised. Within this, we are 100% focused on delivering an extremely high standard of creative work. If this sounds like your vibe then read on but before we tell you more, here’s a bit about us.
Hire Society is a creative, vibrant and cutting-edge event design company based in Sandton. We are a relatively small team but growing rapidly. We style events from concept generation through to execution in the areas of event design, décor, floristry, lighting and furniture. We are passionate about private events, such as weddings, as well as corporate brands, working with exceptional design skill in both areas.
Ideal candidates for this position will have hands-on experience in one or more of the following: the styling of high-end events, on-trend décor magazine features, lifestyle shoots, flowers (florists), private homes (interior decorators), or similar. However, candidates with similar experience in the fashion or theatre industries may also be suitable. It is primarily essential that you have a great eye for design, are able to style well and can do so under tight timelines and working long hours.
You must be comfortable working within existing processes and be willing to work collaboratively with the styling and client service teams, but also be able to bring new concepts and problem-solving ideas to the table.
The ability to balance artistic desires with commercial needs and achieve brand-consistent imagery is essential. Successful candidates must also be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects at once, without sacrificing quality.
- Produce styling concepts for events that are true to client briefs, commercially viable and in line with Hire Society’s design ethos
- Create mood boards for events and select specific products in order to deliver on the concepts proposed in the mood boards
- Aid in floral design, floor layouts, object creation and/or sourcing, installation design and general décor styling for mockups, event preparation and event setups
- Compile lists and manage and/or perform execution of the tasks on these lists to ensure efficiency in the day-to-day running of the creative and client service departments
- Source various products, including flowers and furniture, required for events (for both purchase and hire), liaising with suppliers and handling the required paperwork and logistics
- Work within a team to ensure that events are executed within the required timeframe and to the required standards
- Assist with all administrative paperwork required for your department to perform excellently
- Assist in social media community management and marketing
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations
- Work with client services and project managers on all of the above
Company DescriptionHire Society is a creative, vibrant and cutting edge event design company based in Sandton. We are a relatively small team but growing rapidly. We style events from concept generation through to execution in the areas of event design, décor, floristry, lighting and furniture. We are passionate about private events, such as weddings, as well as corporate brands, working with exceptional design skill in both areas.
RequirementsTo be considered, candidates will need to submit their ideal mood board for both of the following events:
- A wedding
- A corporate function
Submissions without mood boards will not be considered.
Should you not be able to submit an attachment from the job website, please email your mood board and CV to
Other requirements for the position are:
- Grade 12 or suitable equivalent
- A degree or equivalent in marketing, interior decorating, fashion, design, events or similar
- A minimum of three years' work experience in décor or fashion styling, preferably in events, magazines or theatre.
- A superb eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail
- An instinctual devotion to décor trends and emerging brands
- Drivers Licence and own car
- Willing to use your car for work purposes (you will be remunerated)
- Willing to work late nights and weekends on a regular basis
Posted on 03 Jul 14:38