|Get jobs on your |
Mid-Weight Marketing Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
This is a superb opportunity for a mid-weight marketing manager to join the team at a leading food retailer’s Cape Town office. We’re looking for someone dynamic and driven with previous retail experience to make this position their own. In this exciting role you’ll execute and activate the marketing and communication plans working in collaboration with 360° channel partner and business colleagues, completing and actioning the micro-detail of the brief and taking ownership for the user journey across channels and category with high attention to detail. You’ll also focus on delivery and critical path execution. Don’t miss out on this coveted opening – apply today!
- Assist in delivering the agreed positioning of the private label brands to the market, in a way that focuses on driving profitable sales and customer engagement.
- Support the business area you work with to proactively solve business challenges with marketing solutions, working collaboratively with colleagues and the business area to provide appropriate solutions
- Support the brand objectives in understanding the product and how to take that product to market to the target customer e.g. product and seasonal launches
- Assist in driving the delivery of the agreed strategic marketing vision and direction to key business units and stakeholders in the business.
- Responsible for the execution of the marketing and comms plans to deliver the overall brand strategy for the brand portfolios covered working in collaboration with colleagues, your line manager and teams across marketing and the business area accountable for
- Action the private label brand marketing and communication plans and briefs in line with agreed plans (ILF projects) and timelines
- Working with the senior marketing manager, action the integrated marketing and comms plan, and provide the micro-detail to ensure the brief has all necessary elements to be actioned by creative and relevant colleagues using the Project Manager link for delivery, risk management and tracking
- Check that all relevant digital and online opportunities have been considered, working in collaboration with your senior marketing manager and digital and online colleagues as input into the marketing and comms plans and detailed brief to target customer needs and new business opportunities
- Utilise all relevant customer data and research from customer colleagues and use insights and data as input into your detailed plans where allocated, and the brief to target customer needs and new business opportunities
- Deliver the achievement of brand goals and targets through the agreed compelling and engaging customer communication.
- Assist in growing existing customers and acquiring new customers through brand building.
- Assist in influencing and changing customer perceptions through marketing communication in line with the marketing strategy, customer insights and an understanding of the customer journey and what channels are relevant to the customer you are targeting
- Implement the agreed marketing communication plan that will influence and change customer perceptions in line with the marketing strategy.
- Keep up to date with new opportunities and new thinking, to assist in ensuring that the brand stays ahead of the game, both locally and on a global perspective.
- Drive partnership with buying groups to ensure alignment of trade and marketing plan.
- Understand and interpret market and business trends.
- Integrate customer insights in development of the integrated marketing and communication plan.
- Activate the end to end process from Marketing into Agency working in collaboration with Project Management and colleagues to ensure the team run with on-time efficient delivery to objectives, using the Project Manager link for delivery, risk management and tracking
- Ensure that the overarching communication objectives and big ideas are understood by the teams executing them to deliver an integrated plan across all channels and touch points.
- Deliver the integrated communications brief, engaging with key stakeholders and areas of specialisation across 360 areas within Marketing including Agency, VM, Direct, Digital/Online, VM, PR, Social Media.
- Flag risk proactively in the process with the senior marketing manager and PM
- Facilitate key stakeholder meetings for sign off
- Engage key stakeholders on specific requirements for on-time delivery
- Ensure the communication objectives and briefs are understood and delivered across channels and touch points.
- Action and deliver key elements of the communications approach such as media plans, trade plans and in-store communication
- Be proactive in thinking, problem solving and driving best results per campaign objective
- Ensure timeous delivery of marketing inputs into the buying group merchandise cycle.
- Work closely with the product business units to ensure deep alignment of trade and product objectives are met
- Take a “can-do”, proactive approach to 'make it happen', working with the Buying Groups, Trade Forum, Sales Management, Stores, Agency and 360 partners etc.
- Act as the primary marketing point of contact into the business and product groups for portfolios/categories where agreed with the Senior Marketing Manager
- Engage in all key and relevant aspects of the business, including trade planning, online, sales management, product reviews, IT process, in relation to delivering the 360 integrated plan where relevant to your area and role
- Manage and maintain annual brand budget for given area of responsibility when applicable
- Manage all budget reconciliations to achieve overall plan.
- Deliver PIR’s to measure and assess efficacy of campaigns.
- Work proactively across teams and functions, to optimise integration opportunities.
- Connect and communicate timeously to all internal and external stakeholders, peers and team members where necessary to ensure delivery of the marketing plan
- Raise issues and concerns timeously and in a professional manner, and manage expectations in line with the Values and Strategy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key 360 partners including Agency, VM, PR & Corp Comms, Direct, Loyalty, Digital, Online, Social Media, Customer, Sales management, Product Groups, Foods, Special Occasions and Packaging and Production.
- Proactively manage relationships with product/buying groups and 360 partners and Agency
- Drive and encourage a motivating and positive working experience across marketing and business units
- Complete IPM discussions with line manager according to IPM timelines
- Ensure that all stakeholders deliver according to the critical path.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant three-year diploma or degree in brand marketing or commerce or similar
- Solid (three to five years) of marketing skills and experience in retail/brands/agency/PR
- Solid technical knowledge and awareness across all elements of marketing including all relevant digital media channels and is up to date with innovative business and marketing solutions
- 360 media understanding and ability to brief into a creative agency
- Digital, social media and online experience in taking brands to market is advantageous
- Experience in using customer insights optimally to drive a relevant marketing strategy and plan
- Analytical skills to interpret customer data and insights and sales and turnover and then translate this into comms strats and operational plans
- Interest in foods, fashion, customer, design and experience advantageous
- Passion for retail, the product, brand and customers
- Ability to translate a marketing and comms plan into integrated operational plans, clear briefs and deliverables
- Action-orientated, delivery and solution focus approach to work
- Creative thinker and ability to evaluate creative work
- Commercial acumen: demonstrates commercially-led marketing delivery and understanding, as well as understands the macroeconomic environment
- Collaborative team player: willing to work cooperatively with others, within a team and across departments, towards a common objective
- Planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Ability to understand local and international trends and stays up to date with the competitor landscape
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Problem solving ability, assertive and resilient
- Attention to detail and follow up
- Emotional intelligence
- Professional, respectful and courteous in line with the company values
- Leadership, mentor to the team driving the right culture and behaviours
- Agility, adaptive and flexible in your approach to work.
- Influencing and negotiating skills
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 09 Nov 11:02
+27 21 422 1037
Get job alerts for Marketing Manager jobs
- Marketing Campaign Manager, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Liquor Portfolio Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Kuilsriver
- Trainee Marketing Manager, Bellville, Bellville, Northern Suburbs, Capital Growth
- National Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, CBD, Ad Talent
- Mid-Weight Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Senior Marketing Manager, George, Badger Holdings
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, CBD, MPRTC Recruitment
- Intermediate Marketing Managers, Cape Town, CBD, Capital Growth
- Business Development/Marketing Manager - Digital Paid Media, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs
- Portfolio Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Getsmarter
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, University Estate
- Marketing Communications Manager, Cape Town, University Estate
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Viv Gordon Placements
- Marketing Manager, Bellville, Bellville CBD, Capital Growth
- Design/Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Brackenfell, Recruit Digital
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town
- Online Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Ivy Farrell Recruitment
- Senior Marketing Manager, Stellenbosch
- Digital Marketing Manager, Cape Town, Maitland
- Social Media Manager | Marketing Agency, Cape Town, Amplified Talent
- Marketing Manager, Cape Town
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)