|Get jobs on your |
Marketing Communications Manager
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, University Estate|
|Company:||Oasis Group Holdings|
- Communicate with key internal stakeholders to ensure that all their marketing requirements are understood, documented, and delivered within the prescribed timelines.
- Coordinate and attend project/editorial meetings and represent the marketing department on specified committees.
- Track and report progress on all key projects. This includes regularly updating projects plans, critical paths and priority lists to ensure all projects align with prescribed timelines.
- Contribute to the creation of communication content for advertising and marketing communication which includes developing print advertisements, radio and TV scripts and marketing literature to ensure consistency and quality.
- Write project briefs for team members and where necessary liaise with external vendors such as advertising agencies, audio/video production companies and photographers and oversee the creation, development and production of advertising and marketing communication materials.
- Coordinate all aspects of marketing and communication including: meeting deadlines, time management; contingency planning; approval channels and procedures; budgeting; campaign analysis; monitoring procedures and internal processes.
- Quality assurance of content produced which includes proofreading and checking content for accuracy and clarity, ensuring compliance to prescribed marketing communications guidelines.
- Interpret and understand business and marketing objectives and effectively communicate the objectives in written form.
- Management of all communication projects such as development of advertising campaigns for the brand, product launches/profiles, advertising, photography, production of radio and TV commercials, television shows and videos.
- Contribute to the strategic development of marketing material including new media to ensure differentiation in a competitive market.
- Ensure campaigns are within approved costs, quality and timelines and contribute to the evaluation and complete reporting on the effectiveness of each campaign.
- Manage risk timeously and report incidents.
- Work with compliance to ensure all marketing activities are compliant with regulatory frameworks and oversee contractual agreements and terms issued to suppliers.
- Maintain partnerships with suppliers and ensure negotiated best prices/rates with marketing service providers.
- Manage team for effectiveness and delivery of objectives. Develop high performing team - by determining development and ensuring training needs ( rotating, on-the-job-learning) are accounted for.
- Create workforce plans for the area to ensure current and future business requirements are met.
- Prepare annual plans and leave schedules.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills – requires an excellent grasp of language and a sound grasp of terminology used within the financial services industry.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree, preferably post graduate, in journalism, marketing and/or communications.
- Minimum of eight to 10 years’ relevant communications related experience in a corporate firm of which at least two to three years' needs to have included exposure within a financial services company.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - must present a confident, professional manner that will come across easily and effectively with the firm's senior executives.
- Strong negotiation and networking skills – required to network and negotiate with all levels of internal/external communications stakeholders to ensure an integrated and consistent communications message.
- Demonstrated management, project management and team-building skills; takes direction well and clearly, possess the ability to strong organisational skills and an ability to approach tasks systematically and prioritise and complete concurrent projects with minimal supervision.
- High energy level and flexibility. Must be resourceful and creative.
- The working environment is collaborative and fairly structured. It is the incumbent’s responsibility to implement structure within the function.
- Ability to operate in a multi-functional team structure and across multiple teams.
- Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of key communications drivers and media channels, as well as the relationship between media and the business.
- Requires an up to date knowledge of new online media tools, best practices and how the top performing organisations are using these communication tools.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of target audience profiles and how best to adapt writing, layout and graphic design to capture audience interest without compromising consistency of message and brand image.
- The ability to synthesise information into salient facts, presenting content in a professional and clear manner.
- The ability to handle time-sensitive requests and to generate quality work in a fast-paced environment. This includes the ability to multi-task, prioritise and handle pressure with the focus of delivering on time.
- Familiarity with standard word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and database applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel), design and media production processes as well as a variety of on-line information resources.
Posted on 05 Nov 11:32
Get job alerts for Communications Manager jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)