- Many South African jobs could soon be automated, and the country isn't prepared
- Top execs are coming home to lead
- Seedstars picks 9 startups for Rwanda competition
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||R40000 - R50000 per month Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Medical Aid, Learning|
Job descriptionOur marketing manager is a highly engaged marketing professional who celebrates the entrepreneurial spirit while having walked their own entrepreneurial journey.
The group marketing manager is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of all marketing strategies relating to traditional marketing and digital marketing, public relations activities, internal and external communications for the Raizcorp Group of companies. The marketing manager works closely with the CEO to ensure that the efforts of the marketing team and all marketing campaigns are directed efficiently, effectively and within prescribed budgets.
The marketing manager works strategically and tactically while harnessing internal resources and external suppliers to execute successfully on all marketing campaigns, drives and initiatives. The marketing manager is a premium brand ambassador and has a fiduciary duty to the Raizcorp Group of companies in the execution of all functions. As a leader within our business the Marketing Manager is expected to nurture a positive team culture of humble, respectful service at all times.
What kind of person are we looking for?
You must be a creative. You need hands-on entrepreneurial experience. Our ideal candidate will come with strong FMCG experience. You can't be afraid to get your hands dirty in this role - you need to conceptualize, create, plan, execute, report on and prove value of all marketing campaigns in or business. You need to be able to cope and function at an incredibly high pace - there is no shallow end at Raizcorp.
You'll need to have a great level of energy with no ego-problems as you'll work incredibly closely with our various internal teams helping to drive sales and recruitment leads. Empathy is a great asset in our business - a deep love for developing people and being part of a team with purpose is essential.
Company DescriptionRaizcorp is, according to The Economist, the only genuine incubator in Africa. However, we prefer to think of ourselves as a Prosperator™ rather than an incubator. We provide business support for enthusiastic, growth-hungry entrepreneurs, offering them a platform that fosters learning and guidance, which can be translated into practical business success.
RequirementsSkills, competencies and minimum criteria
- A minimum degree level qualification in marketing non-negotiable.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in marketing, preferably within an FMCG industry context.
- Must have experience as an entrepreneur (ideally within their own creative agency/marketing related business).
- The proven ability to manage and run a successful and producing multi-skilled marketing team.
- Eagle’s eye for detail and strong proofreading skills.
- Proven track record in a broad range of marketing activities, media, press releases, websites, publications, marketing, social media, events, collateral, design, etc.
- Experience in developing and executing innovative conceptual marketing initiatives and campaigns across various media platforms.
- Experience working with websites, including, producing content for the web and knowledge of content management systems.
- Experience working with e-communications.
- Experienced in liaising professionally with key strategic public and private stakeholders.
- Ability to manage projects from start to completion, and liaise with suppliers.
- MS Office – intermediate level.
- Strong experience using, and reporting on electronic marketing production systems (such as Magnetic).
- Understanding of and use of media analytics and reporting as well as Google AdWords.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks.
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s license.
- Highly creative and innovative.
- A mature nature with high levels of empathy.
- Strong team player mindset.
- A positive attitude and ability to laugh at oneself is vital.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – critical.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
- Highly analytical.
- Meticulous with an eye for detail.
- Deadline driven with a love for a high pace working environment.
- The ability to prioritise is business critical.
- Flexible and adaptive to a fast-paced environment.
- Able to multitask.
- Able to travel nationally.
- The ability to take constructive criticism positively and using it to drive better quality of work.
Posted on 11 Jul 10:21
Get job alerts for Marketing Manager jobs
- Digital Marketing Manager, Johannesburg, Cardilogix
- Marketing and Brand Manager, Gauteng, Gauteng, Independent Media Recruiter
- Digital Marketing/Social Media Manager, Johannesburg, Aukland Park
- Marketing Manager, Johannesburg, HR Studio
- Traffic Coordinator / Assistant Marketing Manager, Centurion, Zwartkop
- Group Marketing Manager, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Marketing Manager, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Marketing Manager, Pretoria, Highveld, Capital Growth
- Senior Digital Marketing Manager, Pretoria, Cardilogix
- Digital Marketing Manager, Pretoria, Cardilogix
- Marketing Manager, Johannesburg, AKA Recruitment International
- Product Specialist - Sales/Marketing Executive, Vereeniging, Worldwide Positions
- Sales/Marketing Representative, Pretoria
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368