- Boost for W Cape skills development
- How to cut through the clutter to create new digital learning paths
- CHS, Ocean Basket partners to boost hospitality industry skills
|Get jobs on your |
The expertise of an assertive, analytical and proactive internal auditor is sought by a fast-growing e-commerce platform. The core role includes the support of the internal audit team to document, evaluate and enhancement of the company's risk management, governance and control processes. You will require a B Degree in Internal Auditing/Auditing, two years of post-internal work in internal auditing, proven knowledge of internal auditing standards, procedures and frameworks, advanced Excel and SQL Scripting. PIA, CIA or CISA Certification will be hugely beneficial.
Develop system descriptions and flow charts -
- Provide a concise overview of the processes being audited and how it relates to the objectives.
- Identify key risks that could prevent the achievement of objectives and the controls in place to mitigate these risks.
- Control gaps identified to be transferred to the summary of findings for final reporting purposes.
Develop new audit program -
- Develop new audit programs based on the business needs and walk-through testing performed which will then be used to conduct future audits.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply judgment and logical thinking in designing of new audit program procedures, substantiated by research conducted on the topic at hand.
- Identify opportunities for data analytics and write data-analytic scripts.
Conduct audits -
- Ensure thorough understanding of the environment - research applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, frameworks and best practice and apply this research to demonstrate a technical understanding of business processes, risks and controls being audited.
- Build a client-audit relationship that will assist in achieving positive audit results.
- Ensure efficient and effective execution of audits in terms of agreed audit programs, deliverables and deadlines.
- Write SQL scripts to perform data analysis, follow-up on data analysis results and perform quality review on script results.
- Perform follow-up audits.
Report audit findings -
- Ensure that all deficiencies identified during the course of the audit, is clearly communicated through the audit findings and reports.
- Ensure that all findings have been communicated to the department heads or auditor of the environment being audited in a timeous manner.
- Obtain and assess management comments.
- Provide value-added recommendations that could enhance the effectiveness of the area being audited.
- Safeguard confidential information obtained from the client at all times.
- Distribute client satisfaction Surveys.
- Review comments in client satisfaction surveys to identify areas for improving the internal audit processes.
- Maintain and distribute documentation and facilitate risk workshops.
- Maintain registers for reporting purposes and compile committee packs.
- B-Degree in Internal Auditing or Auditing.
- PIA, CIA or CISA Certification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum two years (post-intern) of working experience within internal auditing.
- Proven knowledge of Internal Auditing standards, procedures and frameworks.
- Proven experience in documenting, evaluating and improving the effectiveness of internal controls while meeting deadlines.
- Advanced MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of SQL scripting.
- Retail and financial services experience.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 16 Apr 12:47
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
|Recent jobs by Datafin||City||Date posted|
|Senior Linux Administrator||Cape Town||25 Apr 14:34|
|Intermediate-Senior C#.Net Developer||Johannesburg||25 Apr 10:40|
|Junior Software Developer||Cape Town||25 Apr 10:12|
|PHP Web Developer||Cape Town||25 Apr 10:09|
|Mid-Level Game Developer||Cape Town||25 Apr 10:07|
|Senior Linux Administrator||Cape Town||25 Apr 10:06|
|PHP Developer||Cape Town||25 Apr 10:04|
|Gaming Back-End Developer - .Net/C#/Java/C++||Cape Town||25 Apr 10:03|
|Junior-Senior .Net Developer||Cape Town||25 Apr 09:41|
|PHP/MySQL Developer||Cape Town||25 Apr 09:39|