|Get jobs on your |
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Job descriptionCaxton Magazines, seeks an experienced Features Writer who can research and write top-class content across our range of titles. As Features Writer, you will be responsible for generating and writing original and inspired features ideas that meet our editorial standards and give rise to attention-grabbing cover lines.
- Research and write a variety of features (interviews, snippets, regular editorial features and top quality online content) in keeping with the style and voice of the brand.
- Constantly seek out original, brand appropriate ideas.
- Localise existing content to rendering it relevant to a South African audience.
- Collaborate with the Digital Editor to create engaging online content.
- Craft engaging and attention-grabbing heads and cover lines.
- Be an ambassador for the magazine at events which may include after- hours events.
- Help maintain output on social media channels.
- Have a thorough understanding of brand tone and style.
- Manage quality control on all features.
- Tertiary qualification in Journalism, Media Studies, English, Communications or Social Media.
- At least three years’ demonstrable working experience as a Features Writer and/or online content producer on a consumer magazine or the ability to demonstrate competency within three months of assuming the position.
- Proven computer literacy.
- Own transport is a must.
- Experience working in a digital environment – including writing for an online audience.
- Must have a deep understanding of social media.
- Awareness of local and international trends/topics and apply them in a way that is relevant to target market.
- Brilliant writing ability (produce lively, well-researched and engaging features on a range of topics) free of grammatical and/or factual errors.
- Ability to prioritise workflow.
- An understanding of the brand tone and style.
- Must be deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
Posted on 17 May 08:49
- Bilingual Junior Copywriter, Pretoria, Cardilogix
- Portuguese Speaking Sports Content Writer, Johannesburg
- Copywriter, Johannesburg, SPARK Media
- Content Writer/Copywriter, Pretoria, Cardilogix
- Digital Conceptual Copywriter, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Mid-Level Copywriter, Pretoria
- Portuguese Speaking Content writer (Sport and Social Media), Johannesburg, AKA Recruitment International
- French Speaking Content writer (Sport and Social Media), Johannesburg, AKA Recruitment International
- Insurance Underwriter, Johannesburg, HR Studio
- Creative Copy Writer, Johannesburg, Sandton, Wetpaint
- Bilingual Copywriter, Pretoria, Cardilogix
- Copywriter, Johannesburg, Bryanston
- Junior SEO Copywriter, Gauteng, Paulshof, Sandton
- ATL Midweight Copywriter, Johannesburg, North, Cardilogix
- Promo Director/Copywriter, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Freelance Copywriter, Pretoria, Irene, Etiket
- Senior Writer - Trade Magazines, Johannesburg, Bedfordview, Lewyll Communications
- Copywriter - Social Media, Sandton, Rivonia, So Interactive
- SEO Copywriter, Johannesburg, Woodmead
- Senior Copywriter, Pretoria, Irene, Etiket
- Senior Writer, Johannesburg, Illovo
- Digital Copywriter - Nguni Languages, Johannesburg, Bryanston, Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg
- Mid-Level Designer/Art Director, Johannesburg, Northern Suburbs, Ad Talent
- Gaming Journalist, Pretoria, Centurion, MyBroadband
- Mid-Senior Designer/Art Director, Pretoria, Irene, Etiket
- Junior Social/Digital Media Specialist, Johannesburg, East Rand, Cardilogix
- Senior Journalist, Pretoria, Lydiana
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368