|Get jobs on your |
QA Automation Engineer
Our client a high-performance hosting partner for businesses online is looking to employ a QA automation engineer to join their Cape Town based team. As an automation engineer, you will form part of the teams that are responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of in-house developed and 3rd party web applications, providing innovative tools to the power user, ensuring a seamless, intuitive hosting experience to our customers. Successful incumbent should have a BSc or B-Tech Degree in Computer Science with experience in the following: Selenium WebDriver, Jmeter/SoapUI, Java, Ruby, Jira, Jenkins and Bamboo.
- You will be expected to work on and develop the automation framework needed to test product features and ensure the stability of environments.
- You will need to work collaboratively with the development and quality assurance teams to triage problems, write bugs, and perform validation.
- You are expected to develop, implement and maintain test plans, automation/manual test scripts and document test results in test reports.
- Following and adding to the existing test procedures, guidelines, standards and processes.
- You should be willing to learning and work on new technologies.
- You will play a big part in maturing our CI/CD processes.
- BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science will be advantageous, however, your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the web technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.
- Ability to write automation scripts and reporting structure for automation
- Proven ability in delivering high-quality software within an agile environment.
- Exposure to high-veracity automated tests of diverse systems including APIs, services, and web apps.
- A minimum of two years' experience with test automation tools. (Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, etc.)
- A minimum of four years working in software development environments.
- Be proficient in integrating automated tests into a continuous integration process. (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Have well-honed technical problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be proficient in high-level languages. (Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience with using test management or bug management tools. (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Have a solid understanding of software testing concepts and techniques.
- Be able to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Be well versed in software engineering tools and best practices.
- Thoroughly understand persistence and networking concepts and technologies.
- Experience testing large scale web applications and load testing.
- Knowledge of implementing Automation in an Agile /Scrum environment.
- Three+ years of experience in Selenium WebDriver/Automation concepts.
- Two+ years of experience in Jmeter/SoapUI.
- ISTQB Certification to Software Test Foundation or Practitioner level.
- Eclipse, Jenkins, Ant, etc.
- Enthusiastic about technology to serve operational and client requirements.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-motivated with strong team spirit.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starting.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Quality driven.
- Strives to create optimal systems and simple procedures.
- IT awareness.
- Enjoys sharing ideas and innovation.
- Cool under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as ability to work within a team.
- Prefers agile development and a self-organising team environment.
- Ability to communicate well with both technical and non-technical staff.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.
Posted on 10 Aug 11:31
021 741 0400
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
|Recent jobs by Datafin||City||Date posted|
|Front-End Software Developer - React||Johannesburg||20 Aug 10:44|
|Technical Specialist - Merchandising||Cape Town||20 Aug 09:37|
|Java Developer - ITS Online||Cape Town||20 Aug 09:35|
|Java Developer - ITS Online||Cape Town||20 Aug 09:32|
|Application Developer - .Net||Cape Town||17 Aug 15:59|
|C# Developer||Cape Town||17 Aug 12:53|
|Network Engineer - CCNA||Cape Town||17 Aug 12:50|
|Telemarketing Team Leader||Cape Town||17 Aug 12:48|
|Intermediate-Senior C# Web Developer Front-End||Sandton||17 Aug 12:46|
|Senior Java Developer||Constantia Park||17 Aug 12:29|