|Get jobs on your |
A fast-paced leading e-commerce platform seeks a results-driven security analyst to join its team. You need to be strong in both root cause analysis and driving toaction. Should have a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or information security with at least three years’ experience within a similar role.
- Perform/oversee periodic risks assessments to identify security vulnerabilities, determine the acceptable level of risk, and prepare recommendations to reduce information security risks.
- Develop action plans, schedules, status reports, etc. to improve the status of the information security function.
- Provide technical guidance regarding risks and control measures associated with new and emerging technology.
- Prepare and periodically update information security policies, architectures, standards, and/or other technical documents to ensure all resources are adequately protected.
- Assist in the selection, installation, and adoption of automated tools that enforce or monitor the compliance of information security policies, procedures, standards, and other information security requirements.
- Ensure adequate audit trails exist for the detection, investigation and correction of information security breaches, violations, and other incidents.
- Act as a technical advisor for a variety of ad-hoc information security projects as dictated by business and technology developments.
- Coordinate information security efforts for internal groups that have security-related responsibilities.
- Investigate methods to implement information security-related technologies.
- Monitor and analyse security logs to identify any anomalies within the company’s environment and activities within network, systems and applications.
- You will be responsible for both the company’s platform and office security matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or Information Security.
- Relevant information security certifications preferred (i.e. CISSP, CISM).
- At least three years of professional experience in a similar role.
- Postgraduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Extensive network, system and application security experience.
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP and network communications.
- Functional knowledge of web-based ecommerce technologies.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with SIEM, IPS/IDS, Vulnerability Scanning, Penetration Testing and Incident Response.
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude and high energy.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, using data to make informed decisions.
- Ability to disaggregate and structure solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Solid quantitative skills.
- Ability to interview and interact professionally with internal and external people.
- Capability to present ideas succinctly, in writing and verbally.
- Versatile and with the appetite to learn by doing.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to and mention the reference numbers of the jobs.
Posted on 30 Apr 10:28
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
|Recent jobs by Datafin||City||Date posted|
|NOC Operators||Cape Town||24 May 14:49|
|Head of Brand/Communications||Cape Town||24 May 14:27|
|BI Developer||Cape Town||24 May 14:25|
|Data Scientist - Financial Services||Cape Town||24 May 14:18|
|Mid C# Web Developer||Cape Town||24 May 14:06|
|Senior Product Owner||Cape Town||24 May 14:05|
|Senior Test Analyst||Cape Town||24 May 11:05|
|Application Support Team Lead||Cape Town||24 May 11:00|
|QA Tester - Manual||Cape Town||24 May 10:59|
|Automation Tester||Cape Town||24 May 10:57|