- Eskom declares dispute with unions
- Renewables, sustainability and singing in the car
- Is a criminal record ruining your career? Here's what you can do about it
|Get jobs on your |
|Location:||Johannesburg, Auckland Park|
Job descriptionAFDA (The South African School of Motion Picture Medium and Live Performance) is the leading film, television and performance school in SA with campuses in Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban and Port Elizabeth. See www.afda.co.za
Job Title: Institutional Registrar
Reporting into: AFDA Institutional Senate
Job location: AFDA Cape Town Campus OR AFDA Johannesburg Campus
Description: Applications are invited for a position in AFDA’s Institutional Senate.
The holder of this post will be responsible for institutional supervision with a view to, inter alia, assure quality within the provisions of the Higher Education Act, Act 101 of 1997 as amended, and within AFDA’s QA system and policies. The incumbent will supervise campus Registrars and will be required to engage and collaborate with Campus Deans, Heads of Academic Schools, the AFDA institutional Senate, lecturers, students, parents and external stakeholders.
- Successful administration of statutory requirements, such as preparing correspondence and reports for accreditation and registration purposes, collating and submitting annual reports, and communication with external and internal stakeholders to implement requirements of relevant statutory bodies.
- Conducting quality checks and receiving, collating and responding to quarterly reports, in order to report on the implementation of curricula, strategic goals, policies and statutory requirements of higher education in South Africa.
- Will be required to oversee, manage and report on academic governance processes.
- Manage and report on attendance registers of academic staff and ensure adherence.
- Will be required to develop existing regular student feedback mechanisms and report on student evaluative feedback and survey results in liaison with campus management and student representative body regularly.
- Regular monitoring and quality assurance on all term deliverables including submitted timetables.
- Safeguarding compliance from the academic staff on defined policies that mandate the academic schedule, program and outcomes, and involvement in policy development with peers in a multi-campus context.
- Ability to regularly travel to all AFDA campuses for QA, student and staff support.
- Masters degree
Send your CV with a cover page / letter of motivation to and state Institutional Registrar in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Ten years’ experience in higher education.
- Experience in and commitment to integrity in education.
- At least three years’ experience in implementing statutory requirements for Higher Education, including: Setas, CHE (HEQC online and NLRD), SAQA and DHET,
- Experience in higher education quality management.
- Formal training in valid assessment and in outcomes-based or project-based assessment.
- Experience in supervision of student enrolment and its data management.
- Experience in supervision of academic archive and records.
- Experience in bursary administration.
- Experience in statistical quality assurance matrices and willingness to use and improve existing AFDA QA systems.
- Experience in budget administration (projections, reconciliations, monthly requisitions, annual requests).
- Experience in productive and action-orientated meeting protocol and ability to chair, and to contribute to, meetings.
- Problem-solving skills to facilitate the learning staff body’s commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Leadership skills and staff performance management in context of multidisciplinary disciplines and in remote locations.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to work collaboratively with youth, with senior colleagues (e.g. Deans); and with all colleagues to inspire them with AFDA’s and Stadio’s academic vision;
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills.
- Loyalty, teamwork, confidentiality, gravitas, credibility, independent work ethic, precision and an eye for detail.
- Academic and research skills, incl. research supervision and development.
- Cultural awareness and communication skills, experience in co-opting diversity.
- Flexibility and experience in change management, e.g. resilience in a changing environment, ongoing improvement in quality systems.
Posted on 10 Aug 11:29
011 482 8347