- Top Sars official Jonas Makwakwa 'quits' mid-probe, sources say
- Closing the open source skills gap through graduate development
- SA jobs outlook for Q2 2018: SA employers report encouraging signs for job seekers
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic salary|
|Company:||TeamTalk Media Group|
Job descriptionTo produce and deliver copy, images or multimedia sports content, for the purposes of publishing and syndication according to the needs and deadlines defined by site requirements or client needs.
As such the duties and tasks required of this position will include but not be limited to:
- Rewriting of stories
- Uploading stories to sites
- Editing photos
- Writing headlines
- Sending SMS messages
- Writing match reports
- Producing live text commentaries
- Fulfil the role of duty editor. IE: Be au fait with the running of the website(s) and be able to look after it/them without supervision
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
RequirementsThe TEAMtalk Performance Management programme is based on the “Three A’s”:
Attitude, Ability, Achievement
- Positive, 'can-do' attitude – always be prepared to go the extra mile to get the job done and exceed client expectations. Fill gaps in working day by constantly seeking new opportunities and additional tasks to perform. No 'fallow' periods – work at a consistent pace
- Professionalism – adhere to a smart dress code, be punctual for meetings and appointments, hit deadlines.
- Good team player - be a positive, friendly presence within the workplace. Work collaboratively with colleagues and management
- Ambitious - demonstrate a desire to succeed and achieve career growth. Willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent subject knowledge: understand the sports environment and services TEAMtalk offers as well as keeping abreast of market news and competitor activities
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts.
- Make use of tools like Google Analytics to understand what readers are looking
- Use of Social Media to help drive traffic to the sites
- Minimum number of stories produced per day: 15
- No deadlines missed or important stories overlooked
- Responds to the need for the team, as required.
- Produces quality, error-free work
Posted on 22 Feb 15:25
Get job alerts for Journalist jobs
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media) Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)
Recruitment Specialists since 1989Rob Jones:
Tel: 011 465 9368
Advertising, Marketing, Media & RetailRoisin McCarthy
082 881 3556