|Get jobs on your |
|Company:||Elgin Free Range Chickens (Pty) Ltd.|
The successful person will be part of the maintenance department and report directly to the maintenance manager.
Key areas of responsibilities will include the following but not be limited to:
- Install machinery and equipment, troubleshoot and test problems.
- Ability to tig, mig, arc and oxy weld and competent use of hand tools and power tools.
- Manufacture metal components and assemble them to construct industrial machinery, machine components or tools according to Hygienic design specifications and standards.
- A sound knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, mechanics and computers.
- Assisting with the maintenance of the buildings, plant and checking and maintaining of all water lines.
- Ensure machinery used in production is consistently maintained and oversee any repair work when required.
- Liaise with management and production supervisors to establish convenient preventative service regimes to ensure minimal downtime/breakdowns.
- Required to start up the plant and repairing of defects.
- Management of refrigeration units and temperatures in the plant.
- Liaising with suppliers/contractors with regards to equipment needed.
- Ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to health and safety requirements.
- Work in adherence to ISO 22000 standards and procedures.
- A qualified maintenance fitter and turner.
- A minimum five years’ experience in a manufacturing industry.
- Team player and ability to maintain a positive attitude in the team.
- Sound communication skills and ability to give clear instructions.
- Willing to be on standby for breakdowns and conducting of preventative maintenance over the weekend.
- Ability to operate power and hand tools used in building maintenance and repair specialities.
- Must be willing to work early shifts, overtime, Saturday, Sunday and public holidays when required.
- Experience in the poultry industry will be an added advantage.
- Must be able to adhere to safety practices in handling hazardous materials.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits.
The appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s EE Policy.
Interested applicants should email their CV’s to on or before 29 May 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you have not been contacted within one month, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 10 May 10:35
- Maintenance Manager, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Maintenance Fitter, Cape Town, Epping, West Coast Personnel
- Maintenance Electrician, Cape Town, Epping, West Coast Personnel
- Maintenance Manager, Worcester
- Maintenance Officer, Cape Town, MPRTC Recruitment
- Offsite Maintenance Assistant, Cape Town, Woodstock, Moving Tactics